Eroda

"Uh hello. If you're whatching this recording uh... congratulations. I tried to make this tape kinda hard to find so if you find it lucky you. I may or may not still be alive, but that's not important. I need to get this story out, my story out. My name's Y/N M/N L/N, today's date is April 30th year 2467, and the time is 12:27 A.M. *sighs* The world has gone in shambles. Oh my god where do I begin?

It started when the creatures first arrived in globes of glass, dropped from the invaders' spaceships. When they struck the ground they shattered, releasing the bugs into the world. The aliens sent a message with this biological weapon, saying human beings would eventually devour one another.

The first symtoms of this biological weapon are hallucinations that invole visions of your friends and family. In these vision, they mock you, beat you, or kill themselves. Whatever most people find naturally harmful, the parasites will input those precise experiences into their brains.

The bugs seem like an impossible quirk of evolution either that or an incarnation of hell. They feed specifically on chemicals released during fearful, life threatening, or painful situations. They are frighteningly advanced.

They land on the nape of the neck and burrow in the spinal column, absorbing the host's impulses until they've learned enough about the host to input illusions of their own making. They quickly take control, convincing the host it is facing a living hell and feeding until the host is drained dry.

Once the host is dead, the bugs will take over their body completely. They have the ability to mimick human actions and interactions so trust no one. That's why I hid the tape, in hopes the the wrong person won't find it.

The second symptoms are severe tremors and chills. These symptoms are caused by the fear and anxiety they instill in you. The third symptoms are extreme fatigue causing the host to feel extremely tired as the days go on and become immobile. The last symptoms are death. Theses symptoms span over a two week period causing a slow, painful, fear drivin death.

Another way they can spread is through other people. If you come in contact with anyone who has been infected, there's a risk they'll multiply and latch onto your neck. A way to avoid this is by wearing clothing that covers your entire body from head to toe so they don't crawl up your skin.

As soon as you get home you should take off your clothes and wash them to kill the bugs that may be on your clothes. If someone you live with ends up catching this parasite, you have to quarantine them to stop the spread. And I should know something about this since I had to do it.

My family were amongst the many people who've fallen victim to these creatures. Ya know it's hard having to watch your mom and dad suffer through hell, and you sitting there knowing you can't go near them.

According to my knowledge three-fourths of the population have "died", and about three billion people are left. That may sound like a lot, but the numbers of deaths are rising everyday.
There hasn't been a cure yet, but I think I found a way out of this terror town.

There's this island. Eroda. It's located at 36°N, 37°S in the middle of the ocean. There's been recent activity there according to my radar signal.

My plan is to find a way to that island in hopes that the bugs haven't landed there yet. Now, there is a chance the signal from the radar is from a bug imposing as a human, but there's also a chance it's an actual survivor. I may or may not end up dead at the end of this journey but at least I can say that I tried.

I left copies of all my work in the safe on the top shelf in my closet. They key to it is under the floorboard by the blue table. If you see this, take the plans and leave as soon as possible cause it's no longer safe.

Well um... Like I said in the beginning my name's Y/N M/N L/N, today's date is April 30th year 2467, and the time is now 12:49 A.M.

I turned off the camera, hiding it in the hidden hole in the wall. I then grabbed my plans stuffing them in my backpack.

I walked over to my closet getting my "gear" to put on before I go outside. Long sleeve high collar shirt? Check. Pants? Check. Socks and sneakers?Check. Breathable gloves? Check. Hat? Check. After I made sure I had everything onand everything I need for this journey before I left my bunker.

I made sure to keep a low profile as I walked this streets trying not to alarm the wrong people. I made it the the docks where I kept my boat, Betsy, in about ten minutes. I was loading my supplies onto the boat when suddenly I was interrupted.

"Hey there girlie whatcha doing?" This old, creepy man said.

"Um nothing I'm just going on a boat ride." I lie since I don't know if I can trust him or not.

"A boat ride? Really? You need all that to go on a boat ride?"

"Um yeah actually." There was a really long awkward silence between us. "Well I guess I should get going now." I say trying to hint that I want to be left alone.

"Oh well... Have a nice boat ride."

I hopped in the boat and started the ignition. It should take me about three to six months to arrive there but ya never know. Oh I just hope I'm doing the right thing.

a/n sorry I've been gone so long I've been running out of ideas but I think this plot is a good one. Let me know if any of y'all are interested in me making up part two because I will. And remember guys you are loved you are worthy and please please please try to stay safe during these uncertain times.

Savannah