Hate [1]

a/n this imagine is inspired by kendravictoria15 divorce series imagines. Her imagines are really good by the way, go check them out.

Hate.

Such a strong word. Such a strong feeling to have against someone. Such a powerful force that can tear two people apart.

Y/N could say she hated Harry. She hated him with every bone in her body. She hated him with every single blood cell flowing through her veins. Yet that had to change when she got pregnant with Shawn. She had to somewhat like him for giving her the best blessing in the world.

Y/N always hoped deep down inside that her and Harry would get back together. That's what shw always dreamed of. Getting married, having children, and living her happily ever after fairytale. At Least for their son. But fairy tales aren't real.

You see their son, Shawn, was now three and now asking a lot of questions. It was always difficult for the both of them to answer questions like 'Why don't you and mommy/daddy live together?' 'When are you guys getting back together?' 'Do you hate each other?' They would always have to shut him down with 'No your mommy/daddy and I love each other very much. It's just that sometimes things just don't work out. Shawn would always respond with 'ok.' But they knew that wasn't the case.

They knew that he hated that his parents weren't together. He hated when the kids at his school would ask him why his parents 'don't love' each other anymore. He always got jealous how happy the other children were with both of their parents.

They both felt guilty, especially Harry. He always wanted for things to work out the way he dreamed. Waking up to a loving wife, making breakfast for her and the kids, take them to school, and on the weekends drop them off at their grandparents' house, so he and Y/N could spend some quality time together.

The schedule was pretty easy to remember. Y/N keeps Shawn on the weekdays, Harry takes Shawn on the weekends or whenever Y/N'S busy, and occasionally take him over to his grandparents' house. The exchange would usually be pretty short. Couple words here and there, I love you between Harry/Y/N, and then it's over. Except this time.

Y/N was getting ready for a date, and she was already a little due to Harry not showing up on time.

"What's the rush?" Harry asked watching her in awe.

"I'm late for my date." Y/N said picking out her curls.

"A-a date? With who?" Harry asked hurt masked in his voice.

The thing was that Harry still missed Y/N. And seeing her like this didn't help. The deep crimson red dress that stopped at her mid thigh, those black strapped high heels that he always loved on her, her make up that was beat to the gods, her big, curly afro that she hated doing claiming it was too difficult to do, and her intoxicating perfume that drew him back in every time he got a whiff. She looked so beautiful that it just wasn't fair But it's not for him. Instead for a random guy she'd met on a dating site.

"Wouldn't you like to know." She chuckled dryly. "Shawn you got everything?"

"Yes mommy."

"Mommy loves you ok. I'll miss you, and be good."

"I will."

Y/N turned to Harry handing him Shawn's bags for the weekend.

"You look beautiful by the way." Harry complemented.

"Thanks. And make sure he gets to school on time. I don't want them up my ass about how he was late again."

"Yeah no problem." Harry said. "Well Shawn say bye to mommy."