Ch.8 | Kyotōryū

En başından başla

"Battle?" I asked as she nodded. "The inheritance ceremony. Because young master was adopted he must prove his worth to the rest of the faction through combat." She said as I nodded. "Time to get ready!" She said as I shook my head. "I am always ready" I said taking my hokage mantle from my [Heavenly Gates] and pretended to take it from under the bed. I put the robe on. Unlike last time the robes fit slightly better. They still dragged through the floor because I wasn't tall enough to wear them properly. 

[+5% to all stats but luck due to Hokage Mantle's effects!]

I smirked as Charlotte blinked and looked at the robes. "That looks really good, but it's too big." She said as I shrugged and walked towards the exit. I felt someone grabbing my shoulder and turned around. Charlotte had a needle and some thread. In seconds she recreated the mantle. She took the robes from me and put on the replica on.

I lost the boost but I don't think I'll need it. Charlotte folded the mantle neatly and put inside a closet with some of my clothes inside. I walked towards the door before turning around. "Hey Charlotte. Where do I go?" I asked as she released a small giggle. "Follow me young master." She said taking me by the hand and taking me to some kind of underground facility. We arived at a place with two enormous doors. She told me to enter and I nodded. I pushed the doors and with some effort I was able to open them. 

"HA! I told you my grandson would be able to open those doors without any difficulty!" I heard Gramp's voice. I looked at its direction and saw three people sitting down on a royal platform. I was in something akin to a gladiator arena with the spectator seats and everything. The people sitting down on the royal platform were actually just in VIP seats above the other seats. "Yes you indeed did." I heard a female voice say from where I assumed gramps was. I waved towards him and smirked. 

"We are here to see wether Y/n Sōsuke is allowed to join the faction, as the grandchild of the god of sea!" The female voice said as doors on the other side of the room opened. "To prove his worth the child must fight seven different opponents. One stronger than the next!" She announced as the audience cheered.

"Remember these are matches will emulate death and pain and so the two competitors will need to be carful. Although it will feel like you are dying you will not, we've got a team of healers ready with several remedies along with phoenix tears." She said as a man with a muscle build appeared. He had a mace on his left hand and was smirking towards me. 

"His first opponent will me Serus! He was place on the top three in the Yokai tournament this year." She said as I nodded. "However he was also found killing other Yokai in the region. If he beats this challenge his sentence will be shortened." She added as the mentioned smirked. "I will crush you kid!" He said confidently. 

"Let the first match of seven." She said stopping as the cheers from the audience got louder. There were many people in the stage, in the minimum 500 -1,000. Taking a deep breath I calmed down and smirked getting into a stance in my new martial arts.

Third POV:

Ryujin was sitting down with the VIPs and was smirking as he watched his grandchild look at his opponent with a 'I don't really care' face. "This'll finish quickly" A blond woman with nine tails and fox ears said looking at the two.

To Yasaka the match was decided before it even began. Ryujin said his son was strong, but he was only human, against someone like Serus who came close to a high class devil an eight year old boy wasn't anything. "Indeed it will" Ryujin said smirking as he saw his kin's face turn from a nonchalant one to a more serious one, still with Y/n's smirk present. 

"The kid's got something up his sleeve. That's the same face he made last time he got a royal flush in poker" The sea god said waiting to see Y/n's potential. Gramps knew Y/n could easily crush Serus, since he was three Y/n's always trained diligently. 'Human limits? Don't make me laugh, if you talk about limits in-front of my grandson you truly are a fool. My sweet hard working grandson broke all of them the moment he turned four.' He thought as he relaxed a little.