↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 ✗

⁂

          A FEW HOURS LATER, the boys finally dragged Kendall away from Aria's room, who looked like a complete mess. And when the clock struck 2am, Aria couldn't handle it anymore. Which caused her to get up out of bed, grab a bag, and throw whatever clothes and items she could. She was going to leave, and she was going to leave tonight.

        But she should have made sure all of the boys were asleep before she sneaked out because James was right on her ass. She didn't even have the chance to turn the corner to make her way to Malia's house, James grabbed her by the arm, making her flinch and reel her fist back like she was going to punch him, but lowered it when she saw her brother. Seeing her flinch, he quickly dropped her wrist, mumbling an apology, "Sis, what the hell is going on between you and Kendall."

        Aria frowns, crossing her arms over her chest, "If I tell you something, do you promise to keep it?" He nods his head quickly. Aria knew James wasn't exactly the brightest person and does sometimes blurt out things he shouldn't blurt out, but when it came to his sister, he could take it to the grave. "Jo visited me earlier and she told me to stay away from Kendall after what happened last night."

James crosses his arms over his chest, his eyebrow raising, "So, you, Aria, the softball and football player from Minnesota, is going to listen to some girl to stay away from the person you've been best friends with since third grade?"

"Yeah, Jamesie. It might be better that way. I like Kendall, he doesn't like me back, he likes Jo. And I respect that, me ending our friendship will be better for them and might help me actually move on." Hearing the crack in her voice, James frowns, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and bringing her in for a hug, her arms immediately circling around his waist as the two stood out in the hall.

It was quiet for a split second, the twins embracing and soaking in the small moment they rarely share ever since they came to Minnesota. The twins used to be very close, beyond close, but now they slowly drifted apart, and Aria misses it, she misses her older brother. James bit his lower lip, deciding to stab his best friend in the back, "Ari, Kendall likes you. He really does, he's using Jo to try and make you jealous and see how you react."

       "Why are you telling me this." She mumbles into his shirt, her tears sticking to her cheeks. "I thought you dislike the thought of me and one of the other boys being together." Aria then lets out a dry chuckle. "And I doubt that. If that was the case I'm sure Jo would have known and wouldn't have told me to end my friendship with him."

      James places a hand at the back of Aria's head, smoothing down her hair calmingly. "Yeah I don't, but that doesn't mean I want to see you miserable and sad. Don't shut all of us out, okay? It's not just Logan who suspected something, it's all of us. I'm worried about you Ari. I want to help you, seeing you drunk that night only made me wonder what other things Maverick dragged you through. I'm so sorry I haven't been there enough for you."