Chapter 03

ELLIOTT STEVENS

"Come on, baby," Marcus continued to argue with me as he quite literally backed me into a corner of the living room, everyone around us too drunk to help me out of the predicament I had somehow found myself in. "Just one more night."

"What part of no don't you understand, Marcus?" I hissed as I tried to push past him but his large six-foot two frame towered over my five foot three one.

"I didn't hear you complaining the other night," he whispered as he tried to lean in for a kiss. I put my hand over his mouth and roughly shoved his head away, fed up with him and the situation I was currently trapped in.

Marcus narrowed his eyes on me and the look behind those orbs startled me as he cupped my face in his hands, roughly crashing his lips to mine. Once I was able to process what was happening, I gripped his shoulders and used the momentum to bring my knee up and collided with his crotch. He gasped into my mouth at the contact before he hunched over, and I used the opportunity to get away.

I sauntered into the kitchen, irritated that not a single soul seemed to be coherent enough to notice what had happened. No wonder so many women get into trouble at parties like this, I thought. I mean, I knew how to take care of myself but not against a guy like that.

Sighing quietly, I reached for a red solo cup and grabbed the bottle of whiskey, knowing that there was no way in hell I'd get through the rest of the night without it. I filled part of my glass and took a shot, shaking my head as the burning sensation filled my throat.

Deciding that one shot would do, I grabbed the bottle of lemonade and filled half of my glass before filling the other half with cheap vodka. Suddenly, a hand on my shoulder caused me to turn and I recognized one of the boys from my class and internally groaned.

"You're Elliott, right?" He asked as he leaned against the counter and took a sip of whatever was in his cup. He had dark blonde hair and green eyes, a dimple appearing on his right cheek as he smiled at me. He was attractive, I can't deny that, but I was in no shape or form in the mood.

"That's me," I replied, forcing a smile on my face as I tried to shake off what had just occurred a minute prior. "I'm sorry but I don't remember your name."

"It's Ryan," he told me and thankfully he didn't seem offended.

I smiled at him and leaned against the counter across from him, choosing to welcome this distraction. I quickly finished my drink and when I looked up, Ryan already had another cup in his hand.

"Here's another drink," he said as he offered me a new red solo cup. I faked a smile of gratitude as I thanked him and watched while he chugged the rest of his drink.

Yeah, like I'm dumb enough to drink something a random guy gave me.

"So, Ryan," I began, wanting to make conversation as I multitasked on keeping an eye on Kara who was on the other side of the room talking to a couple guys. "What's your major again?"

"I didn't think you did small talk," he mumbled as he sat his now empty cup down on the countertop and absentmindedly reached for a bottle of vodka.

I felt my face heat up in anger as I raised a brow and slammed down the cup he gave me before I rested a hand on my hip. "What the hell do you mean by that?"

"Meaning I thought you didn't care about getting to know someone before you slept with them."

I rolled my eyes as a scoff escaped my lips and I ripped the bottle of vodka out of his hand. I brought the opening to my lips and took a long swig before shoving it back into his open hand, ignoring his shocked expression.