chapter thirty one ... not too soon

Sarang (v

Sarang (v.)
the feeling of wanting to be with someone until death.
———

We pulled up to the bar and Cooper quickly climbed out to open my door for me. Smiling up at him, I had to grab his arm because I lost my balance in my heels due to all the cracks in the pavement. He let me loop my arm through his and lead me over to the door.

There was a small line formed with one bouncer at the front to check ID's. Reaching into the pocket of my jumpsuit, I grabbed my small Michael Kors wallet and pulled out my drivers license once we reached the guy.

 Reaching into the pocket of my jumpsuit, I grabbed my small Michael Kors wallet and pulled out my drivers license once we reached the guy

"Thank you for having it ready," he said to me as he quickly glanced at it before giving it back. "Have a great time."

Smiling, Cooper pulled me forward and lead me inside. The music was playing loudly over the speakers as we maneuvered our way through the large mass of people dancing to try and find Kingsley and Benjamin. Heading up the stairs to go to the rooftop, I was blown away by the view.

There were tables lining the perimeter of the roof, a DJ booth behind a lit up dance floor, and a nice bar on the far side. String lights decorated the area but it didn't take away from the gorgeous view we had of downtown. All the lights from the buildings contrasted beautifully against the dark blue of the night sky. It brought a sense of calm over me.

Feeling Cooper nudge me, I glanced up and saw him gesture to his right. Looking in the direction, I saw Kingsley sitting on Benjamin's lap as they made out. Laughing softly, I shook my head and laced my fingers through his, allowing him to lead me over to them.

As we approached, Cooper cleared his throat which caused Kingsley to pull back immediately with a bright red tinting her cheeks. She quickly climbed off his lap and slid into the chair beside him and folded her hands together to lay on her thighs.

"Bout time you two made it," Benjamin teased as he leaned back in his chair and put his arm around Kingsley's shoulders. "We've been waiting for about half an hour."

"Sorry," I apologized as we sat down across from them. "I don't think Mia quite understands yet that we're going to be coming back. She was crying when we left and it just broke my heart so we gave her a bone and slipped out while she was distracted. Just don't want the neighbors to file a noise complaint."