chapter twenty nine ... bad omen

Whist - (v

Whist - (v.)
to hush or silence; to still, to become silent.
———

I woke up to the sun fluttering in through the window and the soft sound of Cooper's snoring. Smiling softly to myself, I started tracing patterns on his bare chest as I thought about the amazing night we had.

Feeling movement by my feet, I lifted my head off his chest and grinned as Mia laid curled up against my legs with her head resting on my thigh.

Reaching a hand down, I gently stroked her fur as she slowly opened up her eyes. Mia licked my hand before resting her head back on my legs. Turning to put my head back on Cooper's chest, I saw him staring at me.

"Good morning, beautiful," he mumbled, sleep lacing his voice. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I could go for round two. Or three, depending on how you look at it," I answered seductively as I trialed a finger along his chiseled chest. A twinkle appeared in Cooper's eye as he attempted to roll me onto my back but Mia wouldn't budge.

"Who would've thought that she'd be a cock blocker this early?" Cooper laughed as he fell back onto the bed. I chuckled softly as I shook my head and bent down to press a quick kiss to his lips.

"We have tonight, babe," I told him as I bent down to pet Mia so she'd lift her head. "Are we still doing karaoke with King and Benji again?"

Once Mia lifted her head, I quickly flipped the blankets off me and slid out. I sauntered over to the bathroom naked, taking my time so I could tease Cooper a little bit. I slipped into the bathroom and reached for the robe on the back of the door and tied it around me.

"That's the plan," he answered as I heard his voice drawing closer. "But if you don't stop teasing me like that we aren't going to make it out of here at all today."

Turning to look at a naked Cooper, I bit my lip as I tried my best to maintain eye contact while he leaned in the doorway. Rolling my eyes to try and get myself on track, I tried to brush past him but he hugged me from behind.

"Sure you don't want another go at it right now?" Cooper whispered huskily in my ear before he started to slowly kiss down my neck.

"Yeah let's not," Kingsley said as she opened my bedroom door just enough so we could hear her. "El, we're suppose to be meeting my mom for lunch soon. Can you be ready in twenty minutes?"

"Shit," I mumbled to myself. "Of course, honey. I'll be out in like fifteen."

I pried Cooper's hands off me and quickly ran over to my closet. Grabbing a simple tee and a pair of jean shorts, I stripped out of my robe and swiftly put on a bra and underwear. Walking back into the bedroom as I threw the shirt on over my head, I felt a pair of hands start to tickle my sides which caused me to squeal.