chapter twenty seven ... what's yours is mine

Minutiae (n

Minutiae (n.)
the small, precise details that make one unique.
———

"That's bullshit and you know it," I told Benjamin as I held my Seagrams tightly in my left hand.

"The hell it's not," he fired back as he narrowed his eyes on me. "You can't even pretend that you can fight me on this."

"Try me," I spat as I pushed myself off the couch to stand over him. Benjamin cocked a brow as he stood, his large frame towering over mine.

"Alright, let's ask Coop to break the tie," Benjamin said confidently as he looked over my shoulder. "Who knows baseball better? Me or her?"

"That's not really fair to ask him," Kingsley chimed in from her seat on the couch. "He's your best friend and your... you can yell at me later, but he's basically your boyfriend."

"Which is why it's fair," Benjamin fired back as he folded his arms cockily in front of him. "So who's it going to be, Coop?"

I turned around to look at him and saw a conflicted look on his face. A small smile tugged at my lips as I watched him squirm in his seat, Benjamin and I both starring at him intently.

"I don't want to choose," Cooper mumbled as he leaned back in the recliner. "No matter what I'll have someone mad at me."

"Who's going to make your life worse if you don't pick them?" Benjamin questioned as he took a small step forward so he was now in front of me and one step closer to Cooper.

"Don't you try and intimidate me," Cooper said as he pointed a finger at Benjamin. "We're both good at pranks so unless you want to sleep with one eye open, I suggest backing down, soldier."

I laughed loudly as I shook my head and sat back down on the cushion I had resting on the floor. Taking a sip of my drink, I craned my neck to look up at Benjamin.

"I'm not going to argue anymore," I said pointedly as I turned my attention back to the game. "You're a sore loser anyway so you can have this one."

"I'm the sore loser?" Benjamin scoffed as he fell back onto the couch next to Kingsley. "I'm not the one who broke the monopoly board when I lost."

"Hey," I snapped as I whipped around and pointed a finger at him as I narrowed my eyes. "The boulevard was mine and you were the dick who went and took it from me."

Cooper and Kingsley started laughing loudly which caused me to roll my eyes as I went back to watching television. About twenty minutes went by before the game ended and Kingsley wasted no time in getting off the couch.