chapter three ... go for it

Novaturient (adj

Novaturient (adj.)
desiring or seeking powerful change in
one's life, behavior, or situation.
———

"She was the best shag I've had in a long time," my roommate Nick started to say. "But she's such a slut, denying me again. Something about she doesn't sleep with the same guy twice. Probably carrying a bunch of diseases and shit."

"Probably," I mumbled, trying to keep my attention on the television while attempting to tune him out.

"At least you seem to sleep with girls who want more than a one night stand," Nick continued to complain. "I'm done sleeping with the most notorious girls on campus. What would you think of me trying to get with Laura?"

"Go for it," I said lazily as I picked up the remote to flip through the channels. My phone ringing suddenly brought me out of my stupor and I answered it quickly without seeing who it was first.

"It's four o'clock," Benjamin said on the other line. "Calling in a save."

"I'll be right there," I said as I hung up the phone.

I pushed myself off the couch and practically jogged to my room to change. Throwing on a simple pair of dark washed jeans and black three quarter button up shirt, I slipped into my all black tennis shoes before making my way toward the front door.

"Where the hell are you going?" Nick asked from the couch where I had previously been sitting. I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my keys off the counter before turning to face him.

"I'm meeting up with Ben. I'll see you at the party tonight," I said dryly as I pulled open the front door and slipped out.

______

"Thanks, man," I said as I slipped past Benjamin to enter his apartment. "I can't stand Nick anymore."

"My offer still stands," Benjamin said as he sauntered over to the couch and kicked his feet up to rest on his coffee table. "My spare room is still open."

I sighed as I fell into his recliner, closing my eyes in frustration.

"When's the earliest I can move in?" I asked, no longer worrying about pissing off Nick. I couldn't take his constant hookups and complaining when a girl left because she realized how much of an ass he was.

"In a week," he said as he tossed me the remote. "I'll be gone next weekend so you can move all your shit in then."

"Perfect," I began to say as my phone went off, interrupting my train of thought. Pulling it out of my pocket, I groaned when I saw Laura's name light up my screen.

I hit decline and slid my phone onto the coffee table after turning off my ringer. Benjamin looked at me with a raised brow but I ignored him until he leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees as he waited for me to speak.