epilogue ... wedding bells

Eucatastrophe (n

Eucatastrophe (n.)
a sudden and favourable resolution of events in a story, a happy ending.
———

two and a half years later...

"Will you sit still," I scolded with slight laughter in my voice as I grabbed Kingsley's shoulder to try and get her to stay put in her chair. "This is not the day you want me messing up your makeup."

"I'm sorry," Kingsley replied sheepishly as she finally stiffened. "I just can't believe the day is finally here. I've been waiting for this for so long."

Giving her a small smile, I finished applying her eyeliner before turning to grab her fake lashes. Applying a light coat of glue to the base, I carefully applied them before stepping back and nodding in approval as I reached for her hands and pulled her out of the chair. Walking Kingsley over to the mirror, I moved to stand behind her as I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and rested my chin on her shoulder.

"You look absolutely beautiful," I told her softly as tears sprung to both our eyes. "No, no crying. You save that for the vows."

"Can I please get my dress on now? I can't wait any longer," she rushed out as she quickly made her way over to the door where her dress was hanging. Laughing, I helped her pull it off the hanger before gently setting it on the floor so she could step into it. Once she got her arms in the sleeves, I zipped up the back before taking a few steps back to get a good look at her and I had to try with all my might to not cry like a baby.

"Wow," I heard someone breathe out from the door

"Wow," I heard someone breathe out from the door. Turning around, I watched Kingsley's mother and Cooper stand frozen in the doorway as they stared at her in awe. "I can't believe my baby girl is getting married."

While Kingsley and her mother hugged and gushed about the day, Cooper came walking over to me slowly as he scanned me up and down and let out a soft whistle. Kingsley had chosen a maroon dress for me to wear - not only because it was her favorite color, but because she claims it's the color that looks best on me.