chapter seven ... get to know you

Mellifluous (adj

Mellifluous (adj.)
a sound that is sweet and smooth, pleasing to hear.
———

"Alright, Elli," Benjamin said as he folded his hands together and flashed me a cocky smile. "Truth or dare?"

"I still can't believe we're actually doing this," I mumbled with a roll of my eyes. "It's like we're in high school all over again. Okay, truth."

Benjamin looked disappointed at my answer as he put a hand to his chin, deep in thought. Suddenly, he dropped his hand and quickly glanced over to Cooper before settling his gaze back on me.

"How do you know Nick?"

I felt Kingsley tense up behind me, remembering what had transpired at the table when his name was mentioned earlier. However, I wasn't ashamed of it because it was my body, my choice.

"We had slept together but he can't seem to accept that it was just a one-time thing," I answered nonchalantly with a shrug. I watched Cooper stiffen slightly and felt my stomach drop at his action. Shaking it off, I tilted my head back to look at Kingsley. "Alright King, truth or dare?"

"Dare," Kingsley responded which caused me to raise a brow in surprise. She was definitely being bolder for Benjamin's benefit but I didn't want her to do something she wasn't comfortable with just for his sake.

"Go ahead," she whispered to me as I stayed quiet. Smiling softly, I nodded as I took a deep breath.

"I dare you to go skinny dipping," I told her with a cocky grin. Kingsley instantly stood up from the log and turned her back on us. She quickly slipped off her bra and underwear and ran toward the water without hesitation. I started laughing as she dove in and glanced over at Benjamin to see a small smile on his face.

"Hey, El? Can you bring me my undergarments?" Kingsley asked shyly as she stood with the water just above her chest. Chuckling softly, I pushed myself off the sand and walked over, making sure I stood directly in front of her so the boys didn't receive too much of a show.

Once her undergarments were back on, we walked back to the fire hand in hand and sat down next to one another on the log. Kingsley glanced between the two boys and settled in on Cooper with a mischievous smile which caused me to narrow my eyes at her slightly.

"Alright, Cooper, truth or dare?" She asked him as she rested her elbows on her knees.

"Truth," Cooper answered quickly, clearly not the type of guy to enjoy the possibility of being in an awkward situation.

"How many women have you slept with?" Kingsley asked almost immediately. If I had been drinking something, I can almost guarantee I would have spit it out.

"Well," Cooper started to say slowly, clearly trying to search his brain for the answer. "If we're being honest, I don't know for sure. I never kept count."