chapter four ... two white knights

Akrasia (n

Akrasia (n.)
a lack of self control.
———

"Come on, baby," Nick continued to argue as he backed me into a corner in the living room, everyone around us too drunk to help me. "Just one more night."

"No means no, Nick," I hissed as I tried to push past him but his large six foot two frame towered over my five foot three one.

"I didn't hear you complaining the other night," he whispered as he tried to lean in for a kiss. I put my hand over his mouth and roughly shoved his head away, fed up with the situation I was currently in.

"Back off, Nick," I repeated through gritted teeth. Nick narrowed his eyes at me and cupped my face in his hands, roughly crashing his lips to mine. I gripped his shoulders and used the momentum to bring up my knee and collided with his crotch. He gasped into my mouth as he hunched over and I used the opportunity to get away.

I sauntered into the kitchen, irritated that no one was coherent enough to notice what had happened. I knew I could take care of myself but not against a guy like that. Sighing, I reached for a red solo cup and grabbed the bottle of whiskey. I filled part of my glass and took a shot, shaking my head as it made my throat burn.

I grabbed the bottle of lemonade and filled half of my glass before filling the other half with cheap vodka. Suddenly, a hand on my shoulder caused me to turn and I recognized one of the boys from my class and internally groaned.

"Elliott, right?" He asked as he leaned against the counter and took a sip out of his cup. He had dark blonde hair and green eyes, a dimple showing in his right cheek.

"You'd be right," I said as I forced a smile onto my face, trying to shake off what just occurred. "I'm sorry, I don't remember your name."

"It's Ryan," he said and thankfully he didn't seem offended. I smiled at him and leaned against the counter, welcoming this distraction. I quickly finished my drink and when I looked up, Ryan already had another cup in his hand.

"Here's another drink," Ryan said as he offered me a red solo cup. I faked a smile as I thanked him and watched as he chugged the cup he was holding.

"So Ryan," I began, wanting to make conversation as I multitasked and kept an eye on Kingsley who was on the other side of the room talking to a couple of guys. "What's your major again?"

"I didn't think you did small talk," he mumbled as he sat his now empty cup on the counter and absentmindedly reached for the bottle of vodka.

I felt my face contort in anger as I raised a brow and rested a hand on my hip. "What the hell do you mean by that?"

"Meaning I thought you didn't care about getting to know someone before you fucked them."

I rolled my eyes and threw back the contents of my glass, ignoring the burn in my throat. I spun on my heel and started to walk toward Kingsley when I felt a hand roughly grip my wrist. My back was slammed into a hard chest and arms wrapped tightly around my front, keeping me pinned. He started to place kisses down my neck while I struggled in his grasp.