Captured

"Wake up, baby." I hear a voice saying. I try to open my eyes, but realized I couldn't. "Hmm?" I haphazardly asked, with zero intentions of listening. I must have been tired, seeing as how my eyelids still felt like thirty pound sandbags. "Wake up." the voice says again. There must be something important going on if they're trying to wake me up. I go to reach for my eyes to rub them but I notice some tension on my wrist. I furrow my eyebrows as I realize my eyes are still closed. My mind is now plagued with confusion and it quickly morphed into full blown fear. I hurriedly move my arm to investigate what is going on with my left wrist, but I was restricted by what felt like some kind of rope. I gasped and started to scream. My screech fills the room, but it was still muffled. My mouth was taped shut. I had come to the horrifying realization that I had been kidnapped. I kept screaming in hopes that somebody would hear me and get me out this bitch. I stop when I feel my head throbbing. It had been hurting since I was awake, but now the pain was worse. Just then, I feel a weight on my legs. I gasp in surprise. A second later, I feel a warm, damp rag touching my cheek. I hiss in pain. "I know, I know it hurts. You took a pretty nasty fall." the voice says. I couldn't explain what it was about the voice, but it sounded soothing. I couldn't remember anyone I know that sounded like that. I was certain that it was a woman, but I couldn't pinpoint anything else about her. Either way, I was still confused on why the hell I was tied up in somebody's damn dungeon. Who was this bitch and what did she want with me? Also, what kind of kidnapper nurses their victim's injuries? This whole fucking thing was weird and it pissed me off more and more with each second that passed. I didn't know what this lady even wanted with me. She puts a few fingers on the top of my head and presses down. I hiss again and try to move my head away from her. "Yeah, that's pretty bad. Let me get you an ice pack." she suggests. Get me an ice pack? Worst kidnapper ever. She was actually worried about my well-being...who the hell is this?

I tried hard to think of what happened immediately before I got here. Obviously I didn't tie myself up. I must have been out somewhere, but what was I doing? Was I with anybody? If I was, certainly she had to bring them along. I try to scream again, just to see if anybody else is here against their will, too. Then the lady comes back. "Stop yelling. Can't nobody hear you. I made sure we would be all alone."
Then I feel something freezing cold being held against my face. "I don't even know how you're still this beautiful with scratches all on your face. How does it feel to be God's favorite?" she asks. Was this bitch serious? She was saying this to me while I was being held against my will? I grumble in response, and suddenly feel the tape being peeled off of my mouth. "Why are you doing this?" I ask, genuinely confused.
"You are so sexy, you know that?" she comments, her voice dripping with seduction. It was unsettling and I tried to show it, with the parts of my face she could see.
"Who are you and what the fuck are you doing?" I ask, with a grimace.
"Don't worry about who I am. I'm just delivering on my promise." she says. I didn't detect any kind of anger in her voice, as a matter of fact she sounded like she was in a great mood.
"Lady, I don't even know you."
"How do you know? You can't even see me."
"So, you're telling me I do know you?"
"Maybe you don't know me, per se, but we've already met in more pleasant circumstances." I was no longer in the mood to play Guess Who with this bitch. I take a sharp breath.
"Look, you might as well just let me go. I won't even tell anybody what happened. It's not like I can go to the police, considering I haven't seen you. It'll be like your stay out of jail free card."
"Nice try, Michaela."
Michaela? Whoever this was couldn't have known me too well. The only ones who tend to use it are my closest friends, and only when they're trying to be assholes. So, hearing it being said aloud was quite the rarity. The only person who consistently referred to me as Michaela, was the Jane person. If I could roll my eyes, I would have. Figures. I knew the bitch was mentally unstable.
"Okay, Jane, this has gone entirely too far. Clearly you know this can't go on forever. You're making stupid, impulsive decisions. What happens after you finally let me go? Let me answer that for you. You're going to jail, period. There's no way you're coming out of this clean." I say, scoffing.

"You know, you talk a lotta shit for you to be locked away in a basement. Also, maybe I won't come out of this clean. Who is to say you'll come out of it at all?" she asks. I move away from the icepack she held against my face. It was too cold, number one, and number two I wanted her out of my damn face.
"You mad at me? It's okay. I'll make it all better for you. But first I gotta make this call." she says.

When she walks out of the room, she is still within earshot. She made a noise before saying anything. It was a familiar noise to me, but I couldn't remember where I knew it from.

"No, I haven't. Yeah.... I can't. Something came up. We can push that to what, next week?" she giggles at the response. "Okay, just let me know when. Okay. 1885 'til we die, so dope yo mama wanna be a—"  she chanted, seemingly with pride. I couldn't make out that last thing she said. "Okay. You too. Bye." she said.

"So, what's your endgame? Clearly you had other plans today and decided to abandon them to keep me company."

Instantly, my cheeks burn as a result of being slapped. I grit my teeth, trying to prevent myself from getting even more smart with her. "You don't ask the questions around here, I do. You'd be making it much easier on yourself if you just do everything I tell you. Now, I'm gonna untie you from this chair and walk you to the next room, okay? Make one false move and it's all over for you." she seethed in my ear.

"If you were really about that life, you would have killed me already so cut the bullshit!" I spat.

I gasp when I feel something cold and sharp graze my neck. She presses the flat side of a large knife on my neck. "You feel that? I've been wanting to use this one." she says, with excitement.

"So what, you do this often?"

She pushes the back of the knife under my chin and giggles. "You're so cute when you're scared. So now you know I'm serious. Don't fucking play with me." she declared, raising her voice.
"So." she says, going back into her nice voice. "I'm gonna untie you, but you are not to take a single step without my hand around your arm.
"Fine, hurry up. My back is killing me." I complained.

She unties my hands first, and then my feet. I had to restrain myself from kicking her right in her face. I didn't wanna chance missing my target and getting my throat slashed. I still couldn't see. I would have to find another way to get out of this bitch.

When she grabbed my arm to pick me up, I was thinking about how I could let somebody know where I was. I had to let somebody know I was finally taken by Jane. I knew I had shared some of the letters I had gotten with Syd, so I knew she would probably notice that I was not around soon enough. I already knew she probably would go looking for me. I could already tell that this woman was too sweet on me to kill me right away, so I figured I had a fighting chance of getting outta here. I wasn't totally sure that she wouldn't kill me eventually, because she didn't mind putting a few bruises on me just to keep me where she wanted me. If I piss her off enough, she just might use that knife on me. We started to walk and I kept count of how many steps we were taking, to see if I could map my way around the house that way, like how Ray Charles had to do. While we were walking, though, I got distracted as I tried to remember the contents of her letters to me. They were filled with so much lust and anger. On top of that, this lady barely talked above a seductive whisper. It was weird. Who the fuck does that? She sent a machete to my house. I remember when me and Chez looked at it. Suddenly, I stop dead in my tracks. "Where's Duchesne?" I ask, worried that something had happened to her.
She knocks me down to the ground. "Are you seriously asking me about another bitch? I'm just tryna show you a good time and you ask me about her dusty ass?"

I groan in pain, but still manage to talk through it. "Just let me know if she's alive."
"She's alive. Now get up. We got a date."