Scarred

I gasped as I realized the small difference in Chez's appearance. I dragged my thumb across her puffy eye bags and awaited her answer. It looked like she'd had a crying spell or something. She looked as if she'd been without sleep. It concerned me. "Answer me." I demand.
"No, I haven't been crying." Chez said, but I knew she was lying. "Chez!" I scolded. She rolls her eyes. "Yes, I've been crying." she admitted in a low voice. I furrowed my eyebrows. "For what? Tell me." I demanded again.
She chuckled and put her hand over mine. "It's a combination of a few things, mostly my mama." she said, smiling weakly. She saw a flash of anger in my face and rolled her eyes. " I ain't gon' say nothin'." I said, raising my hands up in defeat, sitting back.
"Baby." Chez called. "What?" I replied. She crosses her leg as she talked. "We still gotta talk about the last blowup. I still don't know why you were with your ex."
I sighed. I didn't wanna relive that shit. I folded my arms and met her gaze. "Long story short, my ex called me, drunk off her ass. I had to go find her and take her home."
"What was she saying?" she asked.
"Drunk shit, you know. I knew she was drunk 'cause she was slurring. And then she tried to lie and say she was at home, but she slipped up and said she was at the bar."
"Mick, what did she say?" Chez asked.
"She said she loved me, and asked me if there was somebody else."
"What did you tell her?" Chez asks, sounding particularly interested.
I shrugged. "I never answered her. That's when I asked where she was."
"So, you didn't tell her about me?" Chez inquired, folding her arms.
"She wouldn't have registered it, anyway." I said plainly.
"I'll take it as a no."
"You should, 'cause I didn't." I admitted. "I don't think you should let it make you feel any kind of way, because it doesn't matter to me whether she knows or not."
"It matters to me." she counters. For the life of me, I couldn't understand why, especially because I wrapped that whole thing up already. However, we just had a talk about not invalidating her feelings, so I'm just going to keep that in mind.
"What upset the me the most was seeing how happy you looked together. It looked like y'all had a night out on the town 'cause y'all were giggling like you didn't have a care in the world."
"What can I say? She's funny, Chez. If she was all over me it was because she could barely stand by herself."
"So you mean to tell me you didn't tell her about me 'cause she was drunk?"
We're back here, again? I just stared at the ceiling so I didn't roll my eyes.
"I didn't tell her we're together because I didn't need her in my business. She's one of my clients, now. She's looking for her own girlfriend."
She rolled her eyes. "Seems to me you'd switch her out to somebody else on the team, considering she completely threw herself at you." I giggled in spite of myself, but she didn't think it was funny. She was tripping for no reason. Tina was never going to get between us ever again. "Let me know something. Did you or did you not feel anything for her this time?" she asked.
"I didn't feel anything." I answered. "Right after the whole drunken fiasco, she apologized to me for everything. When she left, I gave her a hug and she gave me a peck on the cheek. That's it." I said. "No dresses were pulled over asses this time." I added.
She huffed and rolled her eyes. I chuckled incredulously. "Girl. I know you are not mad over a peck." I said.
Somehow she could get over me literally tonguing this bitch down, but a peck has her questioning things? "Gimme your hand." she said. I give her one of my hands and she intertwined her fingers with mine. "I'm just going to put that whole thing out of my mind." she said. The look she gave said that she was giving me the benefit of the doubt. It was like she decided to take my word for it even though she didn't completely believe me. How irritating. I would let it rock, though. Now, it was my turn to ask her a question. "Now I need you to let me know something. How did you know Tina was my ex?" I asked, looking at her.
"Because you've said her name before." she said, plainly. "Cut the shit, Chez. Can you please give me a straight out answer? Damn. I know I didn't tell you Tina was my ex 'cause I didn't want any issues between y'all. So..." I trailed off. "Get to explaining."
She rolled her eyes at me. "I already knew who Tina was." I furrowed my eyebrows. "How did you know that?"
She smirked. "You remember the first date?"
"What about it?" I asked.
"We had gotten to talking about high school and how you had this YouTube channel."
"Yeah, so?"
"Tina's in quite a few of those videos, hanging all over you. So when I saw it with my own eyes, in person, all these years later, it just set off an atomic bomb in my brain." she says.
"Oh." I said, realizing I hadn't taken those videos down. "But how did you know what she looks like now? She looks nothing like she used to." I said.
"Instagram. Twitter. Facebook." she says.
"Okay, um... please don't stalk her pages anymore. It's kind of.. unnecessary. You don't have to worry about her, we're done. It's just us. Okay?"
"Okay." she said, smiling.
"Anything else you need to know?" I ask. "No. Anything else you need to know?" she asks me. "No." I reply. "Are we done with this?" I asked, referring to this couples therapy bullshit.
"Yeah." she says. She stands up and offers her hand to me. I take it, and we walk together to the door.

Shortly thereafter, we made our way back to the room. We had been kicking our shoes off and discussing how proud we were that we'd only argued once throughout the whole thing. She was doing that by the door, I had made tossed my shoes off near the bed. "I'm so glad you came with me." she says to me. "I'm glad I came, too." I replied. "It feels good knowing we got our feelings out." Then she sighed. "You know, when you asked me why my eyes were puffy, I wasn't being all the way truthful with you." she says, walking toward the bed. "My eyes were puffy 'cause I had cried all night, praying that you'd come with me." she said. I gasped. "Wow." I replied, in a low voice. I felt my heart swell with joy. I was fucking humbled. She wanted to be with me this bad? I didn't know that, but it made sense now. She booked us a getaway in the bougie ass hotel for the weekend. I figured that she was truly trying to get me back.
She climbed on the bed and crawled to where I was sitting and kissed me, forcing me on my back. I giggle when she pulls me closer to her, by my legs. "Rrrr." I trilled, at the show of aggression. I bit my lip seductively, signaling to her how much I wanted her in that instance. She smirks and goes back to sucking on my lips. My hands travel to her ass, but I got frustrated with the fact that we still had clothes on. I was way too turned on for all this. I wanted to get my feel on.
I pull away from her. "Take all that shit off." I demanded. She chuckles and hops off the bed real quick to do so. I do the same. I climbed back on the bed, propping myself up on my elbows, awaiting Chez's return. She crawls toward me with the familiar look of lust and focus in her eyes. The light shone all over her, illuminating her long black hair and bouncing off of her facial piercings. The light actually blocked out a small part of her eyebrow, making it appear as a slit. It just humored me how much she reminded me of Scar. She's aggressive, too, which only made me liken her to him even more. That was good, though, because I could appreciate it in this moment. After all it's been a little while since I got some.
"C'mere." was all she said before she joined her lips with mine again.