50 (Minus 48) First Dates

I sat my roses aside and got right to work. Today, I was going to hear about some of the dates our clients went on. I didn't know who it would be, today, but I knew I was going to be excited for whoever it was.

When Tina strolls into my office, I gave her a big smile. Today she had on a royal blue dress, with a gold necklace. Her pumps matched the color of her dress. She beams back at me, sitting in my chair. "Hi, Mick." she greeted me, unable to contain her laughter. I didn't know what was going on with her, but I'd much rather her come in here smiling, rather than frowning. She has to take a second to collect herself. "I know I was just in your ear, talking crazy a few days ago." she said, trying not to laugh. "I'm sorry. You forgive me?"
I giggle in response as I recall what happened. "There's nothing to forgive. Just don't scare me like that, ever again." I said, being serious. Tina's smile vanishes. "I won't. You know how I am. I'm just so glad you brought my drunk ass home. Who knows what could've happened if you didn't?"
I could think of a few scenarios just off the top of my head, but I didn't want to sour the mood. I glanced at my screen and pulled up Tina's file 'cause I couldn't remember who she chose. She chose to go on a solo date with Amika and Tyrique.

"So, let's talk about this date between you and Amika." I said, wiggling my brows to keep this whole thing lighthearted. I didn't wanna talk at all about the fact that Tina tried to get me to have sex with her the last time she was here. She giggled at the mention of Amika's name. "She was nice. She took me to Fun Fiasco, you know, the amusement park. She actually suggested driving me all the way out to Swartwood, so we had a good little amount of alone time before we got up there." she said, smiling.
"What'd you guys do while you were on your way up there?" I inquired. "We did the corniest shit ever, Mick. We played the License Plate game, sang along to our favorite songs, and played 21 Questions." she said, swooning. I cracked up. I never knew Tina to like that stuff. "Wow!" I exclaimed.
She continues. "Anyway, so we get to the place, and she gets out and opens the door for me. Then we get to the ticket booth and she paid for everything." Tina chuckles incredulously before she begins speaking again. "Do you know this girl had the nerve to march us straight to the biggest rollercoaster in that bitch? We hadn't done shit but she wanted to go on that thing." I gasped. "Oh, hell no." I quipped. "Crazy, right? But she was fine, so I went along with it." Tina admitted, moving her bang. I cracked up again. Now that sounds like Tina. She crosses her legs to make herself more comfortable, before going on with the story. "So we get on the thing, I'm screaming my heart out, and she's not doing anything except laughing at me!" she said, chuckling. "I survived, though. I'd never felt so alive until I rode that shit. We kept going on the thrill rides." Then she leans forward to touch my hand. "I know you've always hated amusement parks, Mick, but I truly recommend experiencing a rollercoaster at least one time." she says, and she sits back into the chair. I rolled my eyes. I was still not interested in experiencing that shit. "Sounds fun." I lied. Truly, I was happy for Tina but her describing this date freaked me out. There's no way I would have made it through that.
"Then, we went to dinner. We went to a very fancy restaurant, I forgot the name of it. Everything was so expensive. Amika was basically like 'order whatever you want' so you know I was in there cutting up! I had a lobster tail, then I had a fire ass baked potato. Then I wanted to try their filet mignon. And at the end of the night I had this fancy ass assortment of brownies— one was vanilla, the other was strawberry, and the other was the chocolate brownie. Sitting on top of the brownies were two scoops of in-house vanilla ice cream." she says, almost distraught. I snickered because the look on her face was one of desperation, she would do anything to relive this experience. "Then she dropped me off. I fell asleep on the way home like a lame." she said, with a hint of embarrassment in her voice. I cracked up. "So, you liked her?" I asked. Tina thinks for a second. "Yeah, I did." she admitted. Of course she did 'cause I know how to do my job! I smirk. "Didn't I tell you I was a beast at this?" I asked. Tina giggles. "Yeah, yeah." she said.
After that ego stroke, I ask about the other girl, Tyrique.

She smiles. "She was really cool, Mick. She took me to the drive-in. Then she took me up to the mountains. I didn't know how much fun hiking could be! We had a picnic, with a blanket and picnic basket and everything and she pulls out-" she starts laughing. "She pulls out some Popeyes chicken sandwiches and bags of Doritos." I joined her in laughing. "Was it good?" I inquired seriously. I hadn't had one yet. "It was good. What had surprised me was the fact that it was still hot. It was like it was given to me straight out of the drive-thru. I bet you somebody else helped her out with that. Soda was still cold and everything." she said. I chuckle. "Do you see yourself with either one of them, long-term?"
"Not right now, no. I would probably go on another date with them, though."
"Which date did you like better?" I asked. She takes a moment to think. "I loved the date with Amika because it was fun, and then we went to an upscale restaurant." she says.
"Which person did you like better?" I asked. "Tyrique, by a long shot. She was more my speed. She was hilarious and relatable and sexy." she admitted. I chuckle. "Well, you know you have to choose who to go on the final date with. Who's it gonna be? Amika, or Tyrique?"
Tina leans back in her chair and sighs. "I think... I think I'll go with Tyrique. She seemed to be more into me, compared to Amika. That girl was overly confident that she could win me over. Tyrique was very conscious of my feelings the whole night, and she asked me all about myself, instead of going on and on about herself. She asked me if she could kiss me." Tina says, chuckling. I wiggle my eyebrows. "Go, Tina! Now, the question is, did you let her?"
Tina rolled her eyes. "No, I couldn't let her do it. I think it would be cruel to give her that sense of hope when I still love someone else." she said, looking directly at me. I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes. "You can't let stuff like that get in the way, Tina. You have to try and get over it." I suggested. Tina chuckles softly. "I know, I know. But it's hard. I'm learning to keep control of my feelings, as best I can. I'm going to therapy for it, but... sometimes I slip up."
I nodded. "Believe me, it's not like I'm having an easy time, either, but I'm cruising along."
She nods her head slowly. "Yeah. Um, I guess I should apologize about trying to ... seduce you, last time I was in here. I shouldn't have done that; I should have respected what you had to say, instead of putting in that position. I'll never forgive you for leaving the door wide open when I had my coochie up in the air, but I totally deserved it. And I won't ever do that again." she said, being completely serious. I smile gratefully. "I appreciate that, Tina. I guess I oughta apologize for leading you on. I probably didn't help anything by kissing you back, you know? Plus I left the door open, I would never do that on purpose." I said, chuckling. A few seconds later I put our focus back on her date.
"Hey, I'll call Tyrique and let her know you chose her for the master date, okay?" I told Tina. She smiles. "Okay." she responded. We both stand up make our way to the door. "I just really wanted to thank you again for trying to help me out with this... dating stuff. You're... you're a really great person, Micki." she said. "Can I give you a hug? I won't try any slick shit." she said, giggling. I felt good about what she was saying this time. So I wrapped my arms around her, and she wrapped her arms around me, giving me a peck on my cheek. I giggled, of course she would do that. A few good seconds later, I let go of her, prompting her to follow suit. I opened the door for her. "Bye, Mick." she said, before leaving. I sighed in complete satisfaction. I was in awe that we had a pleasant meeting within normal boundaries.