The Usual Suspects

After Chez left, I sat on my couch and thought long and hard. I've been having quite the week and wondered when my life would go back to normal. Then I took a look at the card in my hands and tried to brainstorm all of the women I felt could be the suspects. The person at the top of my list was Sydney because she was the greatest troll ever. No matter how many times she denied it, I was still partially convinced that she was at the root of all this. I don't give a fuck where she was when this stuff got delivered to me. Sometimes she was with me and sometimes she wasn't. She was the kind of person to get other people involved in her bullshit. I knew this because I had been a part of her bullshit in the past. However, I felt that she had been going through some serious shit right now, too. She probably wouldn't be all worried about trying to troll me while she's grieving a loved one. And if she could keep up with all this while dealing with something so heavy, she was either a superhero or a complete psychopath. I'm more inclined to believe the latter but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now. Besides, there were other suspects.

What if it was one of my old fans, from YouTube? I mean, it was possible. I hadn't posted anything in years at this point but I still got heavy engagement from the people who used to like me. I can't remember the last time I went a week without someone tagging me in an old video of me rapping or doing a skit. Truth be told, even though I appreciated the love and nostalgia their comments gave me, some of that shit was embarrassing. I looked and sounded a complete fool. It might be someone from there trying to show their interest in me, but how would they know where I live? Why would they care about me right now?

Maybe it was Skylar? I'm grasping at straws here but anything is possible. I told her my name but it's highly unlikely that she knows anything else about me. The only way that would be possible is if she was an FBI agent by day, moonlighting as a stripper.  Although I was sure it wasn't her, the thought of Skylar in lingerie made me smile a little bit. I had already seen most of Skylar's body but something told me that I'd be floored by her beauty in lingerie. If it was Skylar, I'd be happy about it.

I chuckled that thought away and walked into my kitchen. Shit, I hadn't eaten in what seemed like forever. As I took what I needed from the fridge, I mulled over what had went down last night. I couldn't figure out what it was that got me so upset. I felt the need to drown my sorrows over a woman I hadn't cried about in some time.

Maybe  my cycle is getting ready to come on. I chuckled wryly as I tried to recall the last time it had come on. I deduced that it's probably why I got so emotional but didn't feel right blaming it solely on that. The thought had to have been rooted in something I was reminded of. I didn't have that pleasant a conversation with Tina when she walked into my office. It could have been the fact that I was made to feel like I wasn't enough. Maybe I just had a bruised ego or something. That was something I struggled with to this day. I'm not a person that responds very well to rejection, but there's not very many people who do. Even recently, my ego took a hard hit when Chez decided not to meet up with me while she was mad. I sighed as I sat a frying pan on top of my stove and turned it up to a medium heat. I grabbed the butter from off the table and a spoon from out of the drawer. I opened the wrapper on the butter and sliced a medium sized chunk of butter directly into the pan. I smile when I hear the sizzling sound. I don't know why I liked it so much.

I wrapped the butter back up and threw it back into the fridge. I step back towards the table and grab four slices of bread. I grab a saucer and sit it on the counter directly next to the stove. After setting the bread on the saucer, I go back to the table and fetch two slices of cheese. I smiled at the thought of eating a grilled cheese sandwich. A nigga been having a hard couple of days, I owed it to myself to make something I enjoy. Once I unwrapped the slices of cheese, I made raw cheese sandwiches. I slapped one of them on top of the pan, watching the butter react to it. Just then I had gotten a text on my cellphone from an unknown number. I immediately rolled my eyes. I couldn't even get a little break from this mystery stuff! I decided to open up the message though, just to see what the stranger was talking about. As I was reading it, I realized that I had to flip my sandwich. I quickly searched around for my spatula and hurriedly flipped the sandwich over. There was a slight dark brown impression on the bread but nothing too bad. I got back to reading the text and quickly realized this was no stranger. It was Tina, who decided that now was a good time to text me. Prior to seeing her in my office, I had not had her number at all for a good few years. All that did was make me question why I was so upset over why all those feelings came back for her. She wanted to know if I wanted to meet up with her. I was confused. What could she possible wanna meet up for? She acted all mad about last night, swearing I brought one of her side pieces to her on purpose. Even after I told her it wasn't intentional she still didn't believe me.

Without replying to her message, I put my phone down and turned my attention back to the sandwich, taking that one off the pan. After taking it out I realized I needed more butter so I went back to the fridge to get it.
By the time I finished cooking the second sandwich, she had FaceTimed me. I was annoyed to say the least. Not only are you bothering my soul by contacting me without my permission, you're hitting me up after you know I've seen your message. Most people would assume that this means they do not wanna be bothered. That is mistake number one and two. The third mistake is she is doing all this when I'm about to fucking eat. With this in mind, I ignored the call. Whatever the hell she wants to talk about can wait. For now, I'm about to SMASH.