Chapter 15

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I just want to start off by saying this quarantine has been god awful which has kept me away from my hobbies such as writing. I know alot of you have been waiting for me to update, so sorry it took me forever.

But just know i don't plan to ever give up on wrting this story till i end it properly.

I love you guys so much and thank you for reading my story!

It means the world to me that you take the time out of your life to read my work. (:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eretria P.O.V

"Borra.."

With what strength i can gather i weakly lift my hand and with shaky fingers wipe away the tears that roll down his handsome face. This face that i have grown to love so much, see in my dreams and hoped for a life beside, forever.. or so we thought. The emotion alone in Borra's yellow eyes is enough to convey his profound love for me, no words are needed. There is not even the  slightest doubt in my mind, that this man before me...loves me wholeheartedly.

"We just found each other... we haven't had any time together.. i can't lose you Eretria... please"

He whispers to me, his hoarse voice can't hide the heartbreaking emotion from his words. His eyes shut for a moment from his plea, the hot tears roll down my face in saddness. For my fate is now out of my control, what a cruel twist of fate this has turned into... for us.

My mind races trying to find the right words to say to him that would bring him a sense of comfort and forget whats happening if only for a moment, but nothing comes to mind. There's no avoiding this, truth is... i am dying...and unless mother can find the antidote, the poison will claim my life.

So much is still going on around us, the sounds of war between humans and dark fey... death and destruction. However neither of us seem to care as we gaze at one another not knowing how long we have with each other. My fingers softly caress his face which he leans into lovingly before i finally find my voice to speak.

"Borra... no matter what happens, i love you."... i manage to give him a loving smile, sadly it doesn't last very long before the pain comes in hot waves. 

I begin coughing quite consistently for some time, the burn in my chest is unbearable which only adds to my growing weakness. I could feel the vibrations from Borras chest indicating he was speaking but i couldn't hear him over my own coughing. Even with my hands weakly attempting to cover my mouth, blood still manages to splutter out spraying Borras chest and myself. A bloody mess is what i am indeed..

Mothers words come to mind as i feel my eyes growing heavy...stay awake Eretria... I immediately force them open wider, i must not give in to sleep no matter how weak and terrible i feel.

"BORRA!"...

A female voice can be heard shouting nearby demading our attention, we both look to see who it is...

Rae..

I weakly smile at my friend as she approaches us with a few fellow comrades close by her side. The look on all their faces the moment they saw us was to be expected.

"My god what happened to you!?"...

Rae runs up to us, gently reaching out to grab my bloody hand, giving it a slight squeeze as she looks at me with a mixture of worry and fear. She looks at me obviously searching for my wound but i weakly squeeze her hand grabbing her attention back to my eyes. I do my best to speak but it comes out broken up  from being so out of breath.