Chapter 11

The picture above is Eretria's Complete outfit/look she creates for herself for the public trial

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do I stay or do I go?...

The internal debate is painful, bouncing back and forth between duty and my heart.

My duty as warrior, protector of The Moors screams through me that no matter what, I can't be selfish. That before my own wants and needs my duty comes first to those I swore to protect. To this land of sanctuary, to all not accepted by the humans.

I was selfish once which resulted in this.... Tomb Blooms being destroyed in my absence. My heart screams to be near my loved ones, Borra and Mother. To part from them now will shadow my heart in sadness that I won't be able to shake off.

I sigh heavily out loud, I've made my decision.

"As Protector of The Moors it's my duty to stay here. My heart goes with you both. But I am staying here.."... I say confidently to mask the utter devastation I feel that comes with this decision.

Both Borra and Mother look as if I just stabbed them in the chest.

Borra speaks first in a slight panic.. "What about our public trial tomorrow?..."... his eyes plead for me not to give up..

Oh borra I will never give you up...

"I will be there..-"..

"But-".. Borra cuts me off... but I am quick to try and reassure him..

"Trust me?"... His mouth hardens in a flat line, his nostrils flair, he closes his eyes for a moment to gather himself. When he opens them he looks serious once more but I can see his love for me in his eyes.

Mother suddenly pulls me into a hug surprising me. Mother isn't one to give hugs. I instantly hug her back.

"Be careful, I am proud to call you my daughter."

I pull back to see my mother has tears in her eyes. Mother doesn't get emotional so I know she is showing me her true feelings right now, which I will always cherish.

"I love you too mother".. I reply holding back my own tears.

She gives my hands one last squeeze with a smile before she walks closer to Borra ready to depart. Borra stares at me with longing, fear and love in his eyes.

"See you tomorrow then?".. Borra asks

I give him a smile that I hope washes away any doubt.

"Yes.... I love you"... I say full of love and sadness.

He gives me a small smile.. "And I love you"...

I look at Conall who's unconscious in Borra's arms... I don't think he is going to make it...