Chapter 21

Everyone had left, including my sister and mother. I was told to wait a few minutes before departing down to the ceremony. Where mother and Diaval would be waiting to give me away.

Standing at the edge of mothers den entrance the orange and pink hues fill the sky in beautiful sequence. 

Sunset.

What a perfect time to have a wedding.

Thankfully mother created my dress with my wings in mind. My upper back is bare allowing my wings to come and go without destroying the beautiful gown.

"I can't believe this is actually happening"... my fingers gracefully glide over my gown admiring the feel of it. 

But more than anything i wish it was Borra's hands gliding along my dress, admiring it, caressing me, touching me...

"Oh for heaven's sake!.. can't i go one minute without wishing he'd rip my clothes off" i throw my hands up exasperated,  the laugh that follows helps ease my building nerves. 

Just like every situation i calmly gather myself, nerves and all, my wings come forth. 

My white wings catch the pink and orange hues while my gown shines from the remaining sunlight. 

I jump off the edge and feel the breeze flow against my skin, calming and peaceful. 

I fly around the mountain in the direction of my husband to be, the sight down below is the largest amount of life i've seen in one place at the Moors. 

Every creature, every dark fey, and a handful of humans all look up with smiles and cheers as i make my way down.

Okay lets try to be graceful... 

I try my best to land as graceful as a bride should and wasn't disappointed. 

"Wow, Eretria,... stunning" Diaval says breathlessly as he kisses my cheek. 

"She certainly is" Mother agrees. 

As both move to stand beside me, my eyes automatically look forward connecting with those all too familiar golden orbs i love so much. 

The world almost stopped, everything slowed down, connection, that was what i felt instantly as i gazed into his eyes. 

"Ready?" Diaval whispered beside me as he gently grabbed my hand placing it around his forearm for me since i was a bit busy staring at my beloved. All i could manage was a nervous giggle and a slight nod.