Chapter 12

I let go of Borra's hand immediately and outstretch my arm, the bird gracefully lands upon my forearm. I pet the bird speaking soft words of praise for following my orders and making it here swiftly. My power swirls around the bird helping restore strength within it's body.

"You did well"... Mother steps forward understanding something is wrong.

"Eretria what does this mean?"...She asks anyways.

I sigh heavily and look at her... "It means something has happened at The Moors, I need to leave now."

Mothers eyes widen in worry as she takes in my words. The possible scenarios start running wild in my mind making me grow worried too.

Borra gently grabs my elbow tugging me to me, halting my thoughts. "You plan to go back there Alone ...knowing there is possible danger waiting for you...that could be your death!?" He says sternly in the most intimidating way I've heard from him.

But I am not afraid of him, I can see the worry in his eyes. I straighten my posture and give him a firm nod.

"I am protector of The Moors, it is my duty to fight for all who live there, even if I am to do it alone, even if it means my death."

I say confidently meaning every word. My gaze does not move from Borra's eyes. His fingers around my elbow lightly squeeze sending my heart into a frenzy, just from his touch.

Both my mother and Borra give me a smirk in return.. I look between them both hoping one of them will speak to explain what I clearly don't get.

Borra looks up to the elders... "DO YOU HEAR THAT!?... She is not only fearless but loyal to her duty even when it puts her life at risk. We would be fools to deny her to be among us. She is who we aspire to be... strong and true to who she is without fear, even when she stands alone in the face of death.".... he looks at me as he says the last part and his eyes tell me more then words could.

I am not alone, not anymore.

My smile grows with every word Borra spoke. I can feel the pride in his voice as he speaks about me. Making me fall for him even more, the sudden cheering of the crowd causes me to flinch. The bird upon my forearm flaps its wings slightly in protest.

Mother leans closer to me and whispers "Well well, Looks as if you've won the crowd"...she says approvingly and she too has a grin plastered on her face.

I look back at Borra... "I'm sorry but I can't stay any longer"... he furrows his brows but gives me a firm nod in understanding. Just as I think he's about to release my elbow, I catch a spark of mischief in his eyes.

What is he thinking... He tugs my elbow towards him, which not only makes me bump into his chest but the bird that was perched on my forearm jumps off startled and onto the tip of my mothers staff. Mother automatically raises her hand soothing the startled bird as she begins to pet it.

My eyes look up at Borra and my breath gets caught in my throat. He eyes my lips in a way that makes my entire body start to feel warm.

The fact we have an audience all around us seems to leave my mind.. all I see is him.. All I need is him...

His signature smirk appears when he finally makes eye contact with me, which doesn't help my beating heart to slow down. Two can play this game...

I place my hands purposely on his bare skin which causes him to shiver slightly from my touch. He raises an eyebrow and leans closer to my face "You are playing a dangerous game my love".. he whispers so only I can hear.

I am not sure where my sudden burst of confidence came from but I don't hate it.. I give Borra a cheeky smile as I bring my hands up his chest and around his neck, instinctively my fingers play with his hair. I stand on my toes making my way closer to his face, by the way his eyes widen I know he was not expecting this. Before all confidence leaves me, my fingers in his hair roughly pull him down to me connecting our lips in a sweet but passion filled kiss.