Chapter 7

I didn't have to wait long before someone showed up to keep me company while I wait for Borra to return

I didn't have to wait long before someone showed up to keep me company while I wait for Borra to return. Soca and Pila land gracefully , walking towards me with bright happy faces. Soca sits next to me on the log, while Pila sits beside her.

"So did you enjoy your tour given by our famous Warrior Borra"... she wiggles her eyebrows at me.

She's so lively.

Pila laughs and smacks Soca on the arm softly... "Stop being weird Soca"... I join in on the giggles.

"Yes he was tolerable... this place is incredible and all of you are amazing"... I say honestly as I look at their faces.

They both "Awwww" at the same time. Which quickly results in all three of us laughing together once again. I  really like Soca and Pila.

I don't really have friends back at The Moors. Everyone is kind and loving of course and I care about them, but this somehow feels different.

After we calmed down from laughing Pila spoke first..."You know...Borra doesn't give tours... he rarely gives his time to anyone willingly, so we were all shocked he offered to give you one personally"...

I do notice her choice of word... rarely. I ignore the throb of jealously that silently creeps up from the back of my mind. Does that scowling bird, Kira normally have his attention perhaps?

I'm being ridiculous. We are still strangers in many ways. I have no right or reason to feel jealous. I don't care who he gives him attention too. Well, as long he doesn't ignore me when I want his.

Wow that really wasn't any better. Something is wrong with me...

"Maybe he likes you!!"... Soca squeals happily...

"Shhhh!".... I say immediately not wanting anyone to hear her, even though we are the only ones around. Pila laughs at my reaction and Soca just wiggles her eyebrows again with a smile that contagious.

"You know, so many have tried to win over the heart of our strong warrior... even Kira... but he doesn't ever show the slightest interest in finding a mate, that is until you showed up"... Soca says casually as if its a simple fact everyone knows.

So Kira DOES like him too!

TOO!?...

Ugh face it already, yes girl you know you like him too...

Wait she said mate...

"Mate!?"... I ask confused. I've never heard that term.

Soca looks at me with a sly smirk... "As Dark Fey, we choose only one partner to have for the rest of our lives, our Mate. Some are blessed and share a bond so strong it's almost supernatural, we call those soul-mates. It's rare but not impossible. There's a whole ceremony and tradition that goes with making it final. But I'll save all those juicy details for later" ...Soca smiles and softly bumps my good shoulder with hers.