Chapter 9

"You know my mother healed my wing"... I say as he carries me bridal style while soaring through the air to the gathering circle.

"I saw"... he smirks without looking at me.

So he already knew he didn't have to carry me but still chose too... Then again mother demanded he carry me even though she also knew, my wing is healed. I smile to myself.. These two mean so much to me.

My fingers play with Borra's hair while softly rubbing small circle's against his scalp behind his head. Its soothing and I like playing with his hair, or rather I just like touching him wherever I can.

Borra pulls me closer to him and softly groans... "You keep that up and I won't be able to control myself any longer"... he eyes me mischievously.

I quickly stop and place my hand back on his shoulder. I bite my lower lip while looking at him...I wonder what he is like when he loses control though.

Borra sees me staring at him and begins to softly chuckle.. "I can guess what you're thinking... however I want to do everything right by you. There is tradition and a ceremony for us to make our union final." ..

"Which is?"... I ask curiously.

He seems to go stiff.. is he nervous to tell me? But this only fuels my curiosity. I lightly caress his shoulder with my fingers which causes him to relax.

"If Soca is there ask her to explain it, she knows every detail about what happens since she is our main decorator for the ceremonies"..

I chuckle softly at the fact he doesn't want to be the one to tell me. "Ok....you know I really like Soca, Pila and Rae"... I say honestly.

He looks at me bewildered... "You have friends already!?" ...he says playfully, clearly teasing me.

I poke his chest with my finger..."Hey!...I'm.....approachable".. I mumble. We both look at each other and bust out laughing at my choice of word and how I did not sound convincing at all.

Up ahead I see what must be the gathering circle. The drums and voices become louder the closer we get. Several lit firepits scatter along different areas of the gathering circle. Dark feys of young or old gather around the fires dancing, laughing, drinking. The kids run around while others seem so relaxed, everyone looks happy. It's so lively...I can't help but smile while admiring everyone. I can see mother sitting down as she watches us fly closer.

Borra lands on the highest section of the gathering circle and places me down to stand. "I will be right back once I'm done speaking to Udo"...

"Ok, I'll be with my mother"... he leans forward and plants a soft kiss to my forehead. The sweet gesture makes me blush and smile sweetly at him. He smirks and fly's off to go find whoever this Udo person is.

Once I see where mother is, I make my way down the stairs nodding hellos to those I pass by. I sit beside mother and without even looking at me she says...."Took you long enough"...

"Oh miss me already?"... I shoot back playfully at her.

She looks at me amused.. "So Borra?".... I look into the fire that's nearby us and smile.

"Yeah"..

"Eretria!!"... I hear a female voice call my name. I smile more already knowing who it is which causes my mother to look me confused.

"WOW you look stunning Eretria!"... Soca squeals while Pila nods her head frantically to show she agrees to the fullest. They both sit down beside me.

"Mother this is Soca and Pila"... I point to each of them, they say their hellos and mother simply nods acknowledging them. Always so elegant.