56. Not Abandoned

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
_________________________________

Sounds old fashioned and typical, but indeed, after the darkest hour of the night arrives the dawn of a new, bright and happy day.

The people travelling the paths to their destination in darkness finally see the light and realise that this light, these rays of hopes will never abandon them even if they seem to be disappeared for sometime.

Two days to the happy news of Tej's death and them being back to Oberoi Mansion and it all seems like a dream now. The fake property transfer to Tej's name, bribing the security men hired by Tej, the drama of a soul full of vengeance, all seemed to be a part of a distant dream now.

The fact that all their efforts could've gone down the drain the day Anika decided to 'solve' everything herself was scary. The day would have noted the death of Tej from Shivaay's hands and the failure of their plan to give justice to Prithviraj Singh Oberoi and someone else who suffered too, probably more than anyone else.

Shivaay and Om stood in the living hall of the mansion as Rudra sat beside Anika, side hugging her and 'fake' crying his heart, eyes, and lungs out. Anika was probably the only one paying attention to his drama, rest of the family members cared tuppence for his cries because they knew him too well. Well, Anika knew him well too, but she was just too soft hearted a person to ignore her baby's cries.

The initial plan was to explain to the whole family how Om and Shivaay had executed  their plan but Rudra took the conversation to a different tangent, singing his usual 'mere donon bhai paraya dhan ho gaye' chorus.

"Rudra, we did tell you about the plan, then why are you crying like a five year old, abandoned 'outside' the Disney land?" Om asked, irritated more than Gauri could irritate him, and that, was a lot.

"Told about the plan? When? When I found this phone todu man breaking his phone and ready to burn the world knowing about bhabi going to-" Rudra stopped, suddenly aware that he reminded his brother and his to-be sister in law of the dreadful day.

Shivaay's face, when Anika looked at him was devoid of any emotions. But she could see his jaws tightened and lips pursed in a thin line to avoid saying something, anything.

Face devoid of emotions, but heart was not. Shivaay himself was the only victim of that pain her actions caused. Her love for him might have been the cause of those actions but the outcomes were like a thousand slow deaths for him.

Had the security men not informed him on time, he would've been late. It was then that Rudra saw him in that uncontrollable fit of rage and somewhere he was glad that he did. Had not Rudra informed Om of his anger whose reason was unknown to him just yet, shuvaay would've barged into Oberoi mansion and chopped Tej to pieces without the fear of its consequences.

They were glad that the avenging soul was right there, in the same mansion to control the situation until they could reach there and save Anika.

It was when Anika fell unconscious that Tej's eyes noticed the same, white fog engulfing him. He couldn't think straight. He no longer had the power or even urge to hold Anika’s limp body, his entire focus was on the footsteps approaching him slowly and in a deathly scary way.

He shouted at his security men to do something to catch him. But all he gained in response was, what to do and why and whom to catch for there was no one other than him (Tej), the security men and an unconscious Anika.