17. His remedy

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
____________________________

Like a chilly wind after the heavy rain, mixed with the wetness of soil and the flowers, relief hit his heart and at once he started moving towards the entrance of his office.

The huge building towering the whole city was his kingdom, the place from where he ruled the whole country. But now, someone was in there, who had the capacity to rule him, without even wishing to do so.

His private elevator, whose only destination was the top floor of this huge building, where his throne was, today, the elevator had to stop on the 25th floor, where his remedy was waiting for him. Nah ! It was the other way around, he was waiting for to see his remedy.

This office had three canteens. First, at the 1st floor, second, at the 15th floor and the third one at the 25th floor. Without giving a single glance to those who wished him a good morning, he marched towards the canteen. The canteen was a nice, cosy place to sit and relax for those who worked in this office. He could go in, but he chose not to do so, and stood where he was and observed what SHE was doing.

The canteen was spacious, with the food service area at the extreme end towards the right. The wall adjacent to the food service area, which was right opposite to the entrance, had two windows, one, with a beautiful French window with a windowsill. And adjacent to this window was a floor-to-ceiling glass window overlooking the lawns and then the vast expanse of the beautiful and busy Mumbai city. Infront of this wall was, a table with an arrangement of small, black and white pebbles with glass over the top. One three seater black sofa, facing the food service area was placed on one side of the table and on the other side were two single seater sofas that back faced the food service area. Rest of the area had the seating arrangement with white tables and four black chairs around each table. The theme of the kitchen was white and green, giving it not too relaxing or too dull vibes.

He wandered, if it was the well designed interior of the canteen or the pretty girl who gave him that feeling of content and calmness. He chuckled when she frowned because, despite standing on her toes, she couldn't open the window. She sighed, blowing away the hair strands falling over her forhead and stood infront of the French window, with her hands resting on the windowsill. And then she smiled an innocently wicked smile and climbed up the windowsill and opened the window.

His eyes widened in fear when she turned around and looked where he was standing, and he bent down and hid himself behind the large pot of a plant.

He could hear her paving back and forth for several times and each time, he felt he was going to be dead. He couldn't afford to come infront of her, that could have led to two outcomes. Either she would've left the job and he might have lost the opportunity to keep her infront of his eyes, safe and sound, or, it could've brought tears in her eyes. He didn't want either of these to happen.

When he couldn't hear her footsteps, he peeped like a guilty child would do while stealing chocolates, only to see her standing in the middle of the canteen and looking at something and smiling happily. How beautiful she looked with that smile. Even in the simplest of attire, a black sleeveless kurta and white loose palazo, she looked gorgeous. How he wished he had never met her so that she had not cried terribly. But, this thought scared him. He didn't want to imagine his life without having met her. It would've been worthless. He wished he had met her in different circumstances.

He saw her still staring at something and when he followed her gaze, he found the flower pots placed in the canteen. A pot of an adenium plant, an Aptenia plant and a pot of Poensettia placed infront of the food counter. Two Jasmine Bonsais placed on the windowsill, with a pot of peace lily in the middle of them. Then, their were pots of Begonia, Orchids and scented Geraniums placed infront of the glass window.

One thing was clear, that Anika loved flowers. He was never a plant lover. Flowers were something that irritated him to the core. But after this, he was going to love them, he was sure. He was glad that he had made this rule in the past, that, before 10 am no one will come to the canteen. So the opening time for the canteen is 9:30 am. But he was glad that Anika was here at 8 in the morning. He could stare her leisurely, from the CCTV ofcourse.

Mrs. Leena D'costa, who runs the canteen in his office, looked at him as if he was an alien. He was still looking at Anika, which she failed to notice and started her bickering in her loud, squeaky voice, "Oh Jesus ! Sir, what are you doing here, and why are you - er - sitting on the floor ?"

"No...Nothing Mrs Leena, I.. I was trying to find my pen." Answered Shivaay stammering and looking around so hastily that he wouldn't have found a pen even it that had been the truth.

"But you never carry a pen with you, sir, your assistant keep the it for you." Mrs Leena burst his excuse like a balloon. Though embarassed a little, Shivaay Singh Oberoi was not going to back out. His angry glare as always, did the honour of shutting the irritating lady up.

He cursed this irritating old lady and unwillingly left from there. What a life ? A few minutes ago this man was praising this old and irritating lady for giving Anika a job and appointing her in this canteen instead of her own little restaurant. After a few minutes, he returned to the canteen with khanna following him closely behind and what he saw, made him angry.

"Have you gone crazy, little girl ? It's your first day and you are all ready to make me lose this canteen. Do you even have any idea that Mr Oberoi doesn't like these plants inside the canteen. And to top that off, you brought the ones with flowers. He'll throw you out the minute he saw all of this." Mrs. Leena shouted at Anika, who heard everything with her head hung low.

Little did she know that Anika's heart sank the minute she heard 'Mr. Oberoi' from her mouth and didn't hear what she said after that. But then, she consoled herself thinking, "There may be many Oberois in the world."

Shivaay wished to throw Mrs Leena out, but not because of the flowers, but because she scolded Anika. He wanted to go and shut her up, but he couldn't do that. Not until he made sure that Anika stays in this job. Before he could ask Khanna to see into the matter, Khanna had already entered the canteen and asked Mrs. Leena to stop scolding Anika. He had already seen Shivaay's red, angry face.

That lady wasn't going to listen to him so easily, he knew and only Shivaay could stop her useless arguments. But that couldn't be done at the moment. Only when he said that she will run this canteen and that, Shivaay won't say anything to her about those plants, only then she kept mum and ordered Anika to make the usual snacks they serve. She herself left to the canteen on the 1st floor to check everything there.

"Stop thinking about that beast, Anika. He's not worth your time, even if it is to think about him. Shivaay Singh Oberoi is a closed chapter of your life's book. He was a nightmare, meant to be forgotten. So concentrate on your work." Said Anika and took a deep breathe. Sighing deeply, she started her work, enjoying her work and trying to build her little world where there was no chance of Shivaay Singh Oberoi's entry.

Little did she know, that her words pierced someone's heart. But that didn't discourage him because he had already planned to enter her world, to make it beautiful and to take refuge in her warm embrace, to turn her nightmare into a beautiful dream.
___________________________

So, how was it ? Do tell me and don't forget to vote.

Love you all a lot 💕💕💕