38 (a) You still don't trust him

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
____________________________

Trust is a such a complicated concept. You need to do a hundred good deeds to earn, but to loose it, one wrong move is sufficient. You don't need to explain when you've done something good, and nobody even wants to know. But one wrong deed and all are ready to jump to conclusions and demand explanations from you although they are not going to believe you.

But someone please say, is it so wrong to be wrong sometimes ? Why is it expected from us to be perfect all the time ? Afterall, nobody said without a reason that the one who is perfect isn't real. Right ?

Anika's wide eyes looked on as the events unfolded infront of her. Shivinder's turban was removed when a goon hit him on his head. Her mind was quick enough to process the information that the man she had started to believe was her friend, was not her friend actually but just a facade in which she wasn't ready to believe. The man named Shivinder never existed but it was always Shivaay Singh Oberoi.

It was once again, a betrayal - the thing that never left her alone. Her whole life was filled with betrayals. First, her parents, they directly or indirectly betrayed her and left her to suffer. Then her uncle and aunt, then her Dadi who left her alone in this world, although she didn't want to, but still. And now, Shivaay's betrayal.

But at the moment she didn't want to think about all of this. Betrayal or not, the man infront of her was injured because he was saving her. His forhead was bleeding his right arm was scratched and she was feeling shivers run down her spine as she recalled the way one of those disgusting men stabbed him on his back. She could feel the heat emanating from his body which was a clear indication of the high fever he had.

His eyes half closed and his jaws clenched were a sign of the terrible pain he was going through. She tried to push him away so that the goons would stop beating him but he was as strong and steady as a mountain. Despite being in so much pain he was not ready to move.

Unknown to herself, her tears were flowing more quickly and her sobs were audible, as if she was the one in pain. Suddenly she felt weight on herself. She was so lost in feeling his pain that she didn't see the goons were either unconscious or crying in pain or had run away to save themselves. And only after Shivaay was sure that the goons were gone did he let himself collapse.

His body fell limply on top of her and then rolled down to the left side, as if he was dead already. The sudden loss of his touch brought Anika out of her reverie and she got up. She pulled Shivaay and made his head rest on her lap and cupped his cheeks. Her hands shivered as she tried to remove the knife from his back but couldn't do so because she feared she would hurt him.

"S..Shivaay ! Shivaay !! Listen to me, open your eyes p..please." Anika cried as she shook him slightly and then vigorously.

"Yes.. yes.. don't close your eyes. Don't.." Anika smiled amidst her tears as he opened his eyes faintly. But she felt anger bubbling within her as he looked at Khanna who was sitting on his knees beside her.

"Ta..take Ani..Anika to her.. house." Shivaay's words left her stunned and she felt like slapping the life out of this man. What she should make out of these words ? That he is really brave ? That he is great ?

No. He is a fool. Her subconscious yelled.

"Shutup. Speak a word and I'll kill you with my own hands."Anika yelled at Shivaay who stared at her with his eyes widened as much as he could afford in this state.

"Khanna ji, please help me to move him. We need to go to the hospital." Anika pleaded to Khanna. Correction, she thought she pleaded. To Khanna and Shivaay's ears it sounded as an order. It was the first time they were seeing this authoritative side of this otherwise timid and shy lady.

Throughout the drive, and then when they entered the hospital, Anika behaved so brave as she kept encouraging Shivaay to keep his eyes open. But now, when Shivaay was wheeled into the operation theatre, she fell on her knees on the floor and cried, although she didn't know what she was crying for. Was it the betrayal ? The loss of a friend ? Or it was the pain of seeing Shivaay in pain ?

Her subconscious yelled that it was the last one. Surprising herself, Anika didn't deny the thought. She was crying because he was in pain. But then her mind came up with another question.

"Who is he to you that you're crying so much ?"

"It's because he got injured while saving me. I'm just guilty? " She thought but it felt more like she was trying to convince herself.

"Don't handover to me the guilt excuse."

"And tell me, why would he save you by putting his own life at stake ?"

She had nothing to say to that. What could she say ? She was scared to cotemplate over this matter, she was scared of the outcome. Who knows what might be his reason to save her.

"You still don't trust him ?"

Gladly, she didn't have to think deeper after that because she heard Khanna's voice as the doctor came out of the operation theatre. She rushed towards him to ask about Shivaay's health but nothing came out of her mouth. The doctor, having experience due to facing such situations more often, spoke up.

"I'm glad to tell you that he is fine now. Really weak but fine. The wound on his back is deep and it will take time to heal. His right forearm has a fracture but that will be healed soon. All you have to do is to take good care of him." The doctor told them about Shivaay's injuries and smiled in an assuring way.

"I'm actually surprised that a person who had such high fever and so many injuries was able to remain conscious for so long. We'll have to keep him here under observation for atleast two days. Only then I can say if we can discharge him yet. I'll take your leave now." As the doctor was leaving, Anika stopped him abruptly and asked him if they can see Shivaay now. If she was aware of Khanna's gaze on her, she chose to ignore it.

"You can meet him after he regains consciousness. It might take atleast five to seven hours." The doctor told and left as Khanna nodded and Anika just stared at Shivaay who was wheeled out of the theatre as he laid unconscious on the stretcher.

She stared at his face that was pale, without blinking her eyes until he was out of her sight. Her heart clenched as she saw him looking so lifeless. The always sophisticated, head held high with pride, the man whom the world fears was looking so weak.

"He's not weak, if you're thinking so. Not atleast if it's about him." Anika looked at Khanna as she waited for him to continue what he started.

"Let's go to the hospital canteen. You need a refreshment. You've been crying and you look exhausted. I don't want sir to kill me once he is conscious." Khanna said and turned to go, not missing the stunned expression on Anika's face, and not to mention that slight pink creeping to her cheeks.

"But we can't leave him alone." Anika opened her mouth but cursed herself mentally as the reason sounded so stupid to her own ears when she looked at those mountains like bouncers standing in the whole corridor.

Khanna ignored her question as he kept walking and she had to follow him silently. The look on his face told her that this wasn't only for 'refreshments'. He wanted to say something else too.

The silence felt so awkward as she kept stealing glances at this man infront of her with 6 feet 3 inches of height. Had she not seen him scared of the man she was so concerned for, she would never believe that a man so rough and tough like Khanna ji could be scared, ever.

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi can never be weak. Nothing in this world can defeat him. But.." Anika looked at Khanna as he stopped suddenly and looked at her to find her looking at him back curiously.

"But you make him weak. The man who scares the world is scared when it comes to you. He is weak when it comes to you. Surprisingly, you are his strength as well. Had it not been about your safety, he would've collapsed long ago." Anika stared at him, stupefied, waiting for Khanna to continue.

___________________________

So, how was it ? Do tell me and don't forget to vote.

Love you all a lot 💕💕