18. Making me smile

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕

_________________________

Seeing your loved ones near you, you feel like you’ve conquered the whole world. Within the boundary of his cabin’s four walls, he managed to feel as if his whole world was there, displayed on the screen of his laptop. He didn’t know why did he feel like that, but he knew that the reason was the woman he was seeing on the screen.

He could see her enjoying her work. She looked like a little white rabbit wearing that white apron, especially whenever she paced in the kitchen, trying to find the required ingredients. In a time span of half an hour, for atleast a thousand times he wished to go and talk to her and tried to find many excuses to do that, sometimes thinking about ordering a coffee, sometimes, to go and inspect if everything was fine. But everytime he stopped himself, because he has to make sure that she doesn’t leave this job.

He remembered what she was saying about him just an hour ago and he shivered with the mere thought of her hating him. He deserves much bigger punishment than this , he knows that but it’s not in his control to hate himself and feel inferior, as if he’s a trash can. He couldn’t help feeling choked on. And the thought of her hatred for him increasing after what he is going to do, scared him. But that was what he could do at the moment to keep her safe. He was ready to die to save her, her hatred was a small price.

The clouds of his gloomy thoughts were blown away by the air of happiness when he looked at her antics. She was making faces and sulking and he, at once guessed that Mrs. Leena, who came to sit there, was the reason of the frown on her face. He covered his lips with his palm to stop himself from laughing out loud when he saw her doing those weird moves behind Mrs Leena’s back. Those moves looked like... ‘chicken dance’ ? When Mrs. Leena turned around, she stopped abruptly and started working with utmost concentration that anyone would’ve believed that she had been working sincerely all along.

When Mrs Leena moved out of the canteen, he could see Anika mimicking her. Her one hand resting on her waist, the other hand fixing the imaginary goggles and then she played with a hair lock, rolling it on her index finger, exactly the way Mrs Leena does.

That was the height of patience for him, he couldn’t control himself and burst out into fits of laughter. She was looking so cute that he wished to go to her and take her to a secret place and keep staring at her. He was so busy in his happy world that he failed to hear the knock at the door.

The employee who had come in the cabin to submit his files so that Shivaay could check and then sign them, was baffled to see him laughing and staring at his laptop screen. The picture of Shivaay Singh Oberoi sitting infront of his laptop always featured his stern face, the face that he uses to scare everyone, to dominate everyone. This smiling... rather laughing Shivaay Singh Oberoi was a picture that had never been seen by anyone in the office or anywhere else.

Shivaay looked up from his laptop screen and found his employee looking at him with an open mouth and voice almost stuck in his throat. If he knew he was the reason the poor guy was in shock, he didn’t show it and gestured him to give him the files.

He wasn’t going to close the laptop just because someone else was present there. He looked at screen and saw Anika sitting on the floor just infront of the pots infront of the slab cross-legged and sipping a beverage, may be a cup of coffee or tea. He shook his head in disbelief because with every moment passing, he was finding her cuter than earlier and he was wandering what she would do the next minute. He smiled and then read those files, still stealing glances on the screen. He could see the bewildered guy’s gaze on him, but who cares, when he has already seem him laughing ? He was anyway, going to gossip about this matter, so why not give him a proper gossip full of details ?

Had it happened at any other time, he would have fired the guy who stared at him as if he was an attractive woman. Attractive he was, though, but he was a descent ‘Man’. But this time, he didn’t. He didn’t want to waste his time on such a petty issue because he had an even more important work to do. All the files checked and signed, he couldn’t stop himself from saying to the guy, “Close your mouth before your teeth fall on the floor.” That was more than enough for anyone to go away from his sight as soon as possible.

He recieved a call from khanna, who informed him that the lawyer had come. On getting a positive response from his boss he brought the lawyer in Shivaay’s cabin. He was going to do something that would be like showing red rag to the bull, but it was needed. He should’ve done it long ago, may be Anika wouldn’t have suffered then.

“We’ll have to be very careful and that will take some time.” Mr. Sinha, the company’s lawyer elaborated all the problems in their way to achieve their goals and then the possible solutions too. Shivaay wanted the matter to be settled as soon as possible, but he also knew that if Mr. Sinha was saying it was difficult, then it might be very difficult. He was his grandfather’s trusted lawyer and one of those few who he could trust.

“And about the contract I told you to make ?” Asked Shivaay and Khanna smiled, knowing what he was talking about. The smile disappeared in a blink because his ‘lovesick’ boss was looking at him.

All said and done with the lawyer, Khanna was asked to take the papers and do his work, not without a warning to stop smiling like an idiot. “As if he’s not laughing.” Was all Khanna muttered under his breathe before leaving to accomplish his mission.

Mrs. Leena looked horrified and confused, as if she had been asked to murder someone or else she herself will be murdered. She didn’t know whether she should be happy or cry. She was bewildered because of the sudden bomb that Shivaay Singh Oberoi had dropped over her. Considered from one point of view, it was almost going to snatch her authority over her employees, while from the other point of view it was ridiculous and funny and good too.

“Why this contract, all of a sudden ?” The lady questioned, as always and Khanna looked everywhere but her. This lady was a big distraction. Naah ! Don’t think that he is in love and all with this bickering scarecrow. It was just, this lady would always give him that smile that scared him. She was the one who could make him realise what his boss feels when girls try to throw themselves on him. He avoids coming infront of this lady, the day he fails, he spends rest of the day in analysing his face to see what makes her stare him this way.

“If you want to run your canteen in this office you’ll have to sign, and if you won’t,  then wrap up...” Khanna was stopped abruptly by Mrs Leena. “No ! I’ll sign. I’ll sign.” Said Mrs Leena and kept her hand on Khanna’s shoulder, who in reflex, jumped like a scared cat to stay away from her.

“What harm have I done to you, sir, that you sent me here ?” Khanna thought and looked at the lady who was still looking at him. He gestured her to sign, with a tight smile on his annoyed face and literally ran when the business was done.

He bumped into Anika who stumbled and banged into the wall. She stabled herself and rubbed her shoulder that hit the wall. Then she looked at him and got worried on seeing him so scared. “Is everything fine, bhaiya ?” Asked Anika with concern and Khanna stepped back and looked at Anika and asked her if she was ok. He looked relieved when she said she was fine, because if she was not, then he was going to land up in trouble.

“Bhaiya ! Are you OK ?” Anika asked him again, but he nodded his head negatively and then stepped forward to leave, but then tuned back and looked at Anika with a surprised smile.

“What did you call me ?” Khanna asked and Anika looked at him, scared with the thought that may be, he didn’t like her calling him bhaiya and she apologised to him for the same.

“No ! I’m not feeling bad, it’s just, no one called me this way ever in my life.” Khanna replied with a wide smile which was reciprocated.

She called him bhaiya, he couldn’t stop feeling as a protective elder brother. He was sure, that his motivation to help his boss was doubled.

Anika left from there and he stared at her retreating figure with a look of admiration. He knew that it was not mere Shivaay’s guilt that made him do whatever he was doing. After this brief encounter with her, he was no longer surprised why his strict boss was so smitten by this sweet little girl.

____________________________

So, how was it ? Do tell me and don't forget to vote.

Love you all a lot 💕💕💕