27. Topsy-turvy Lovely Ride

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
______________________________

Not the destination, not the ride but the company is what matters. A long way or a short one, a smooth road or a road full of pitholes, a luxurious Rolls Royce Phantom or an Auto, it’s all fine as far as you have the person you love the most as a company.

He grabbed his phone and walked out of the house, only to return in two minutes to lock it. He had no experience in this thing. His habits as a wealthy man were going to get him in troubles. He walked through the street and saw Anika looking at the main road and her watch from time to time. He patted himself mentally for solving the little mystery as he thought Anika didn’t have a car and took it for granted that she would be waiting for a taxi. Travelling in a taxi was good, the only difference would be that there won’t b an Air conditioner, or the seats would be a bit uncomfortable.

He had never been so mistaken all his life. Anika gestured an auto driver to stop and she sat in it and Shivaay looked as if someone just slapped him and he woke up from a lovely dream. But it was not the time to be too dramatic about it and he ran towards the auto. He was anyway going to show Anika that he was late and needed a ride very badly, now it would look natural enough.

He sat in the auto and murmured the address of a cafe nearby his office.. oops.. Anika’s office. He would’ve worked on his new project in the time he had invested in finding this cafe.

Only when the auto driver and Anika stared at him that he ‘pretended’ to look as if he had not noticed Anika sitting over there. He mumbled an awkward good morning with an even more awkward smile.

“I was getting late that’s why I didn’t notice you. I’m so sorry.” He said it so innocently that Anika’s surprised little O shaped mouth turned into a curve up.

“It’s ok. You can take this auto, I’ll look for another one. There’s still some time for my work hours to start.” Anika smiled and moved a bit to get out of the auto. “Oh that’s not needed, Anika Ji, my cafeteria is near your office. We can share the auto and the fare as well. And we’ll be able to save fuel too.” Shivaay gave an ear to ear smile to her and waited for her to smile back at him but she stood there, thinking awkwardly as what to do. If he was nervous, his smiling face didn’t betray the fact.

“No problem, Anika Ji, you take this auto. I’ll look for another one afterall what more would happen other than losing the job. For that small reason I can’t let a beautiful girl stand on the road in such a hot and sunny day, isn’t it ?” Shivaay wanted to slap himself for adding that ‘hot and sunny’ unnecessarily and that too when there were clouds all ready pour down. Gladly Anika didn’t notice that as she was stuck on the word beautiful. Many people called her beautiful, genuinely or with bad intentions. But her heart lurched when she heard it from him.

She shoved her thoughts aside and sat in the auto and smiled reluctantly. The poor guy shouldn’t lose his job because of this small reason. However, when the auto moved and shook a little due to a pithole and his Apple IPhone XS fell from his hand grabbing her attention. Her little sacrifice to share this auto with this guy, she felt was useless for he couldn’t be poor when he had a phone worth one lakh. She wondered if he worked in the cafe or was the owner himself.

As if reading her thoughts that Shivaay picked the phone carefully and looked at it to see if it was damaged, as if it was his baby. The souls of the phones he had broken all his life might be shocked today, he thought as he remarked, “Thank God it’s fine ! A gift from my best friend, you know. He’s such a great friend.” The next thought he had was, if he had any friend even. The answer was a big fat no!

Anika sat there silently but smiling genuinely now and guilty for judging the poor guy so severely on the basis of mere an expensive phone. But she thought of his best friend who was definitely a rich man as he gifted such an expensive phone to him.

Not a few minutes had passed when she remembered his remarks about her office and his cafe. How did he know where her office was ? And she asked it to him as soon as she had thought about it, putting him in a tedious task of inventing a new lie.

“I... I actually.. I saw you coming out of your office yesterday when I was coming from my work place. You work in the great Shivaay Singh Oberoi’s office, I know.” Shivaay praised Shivaay Singh Oberoi and Shivaay thought, he wasn’t praising himself but Shivinder Singh was so it was ok.

“Hughh ! I’m just forced to do so otherwise I would’ve stayed on the footpath than working for him.” Anika murmured more than him to herself, unfortunately he heard it. Shivaay was hurt but Shivinder chose to pretend as if he didn’t hear her.

“By the way you should take a taxi as it’s fast and...”Shivaay put forward his generous suggestion but the auto driver’s glare stopped him. “If I’ll take a taxi everyday than my fare will be more than I earn.” Anika laughed at this simple joke which hurt him to no ends. Suddenly he wanted to grab her hand and marry her with proper rituals and take her with him to his house where she would not have to put her feet down the bed. He was ready to be her slave for all his life.

Rest of the journey passed in silence when Shivaay sat staring at her and Anika sat there happily unaware about this. The auto was nothing but a shock giving machine, it was her company that stopped Shivaay from jumping out of it. Once the auto stopped infront of the office of Oberoi Industries, Anika stepped out of the auto and went inside after paying her share of the fare despite Shivinder’s denial.

The auto had barely started again when Shivaay stopped the driver and ran towards his office after he paid the driver a thousand rupee note. The driver looked at him to see if this man was mistaken or he was mad but before that he was gone.

The watchman nearly lost his job when he stopped the unknown man from entering the building but Khanna turned up as his saviour. Shivaay went to his cabin on the ground floor and changed into his signature three piece suit looking like the glossy cover a newly published fashion magazine.

The day was a busy one for Anika as well as for Shivaay, for different reasons though. There were more people for Anika to deal with in the canteen and Shivaay needed to complete his work that was pending for two weeks now.

But the work couldn’t stop him from checking the time. He wrapped his work up by eight O’clock. It was not easy to get into that handsome Punjabi munda attire so easily. The turban needed atleast 15 minutes to be tied. Though he learned but he was still not good at it.

Anika walked out of the office building and stood there waiting for an auto. She didn’t have to wait for too long as an auto was speeding towards her, that was appropriate to say because Mr. Shivinder Singh with the help of his Anna made it sure there was no other auto on that road until Anika left with him.

“Hello ji, What a coincidence ! We met again. We go to our respective workplaces at the the same time and then we go home at the same time too.” Exclaimed Shivinder as if he was genuinely surprised to see Anika there. Anika didn’t know what to do when he suggested her to share the auto this time too.

“It’s ok, I’ll find another one.” Anika refused the kind proposal but Shivinder was not a person to be defeated so easily. He stepped out of the auto and suggested he would stay there until she found another auto, afterall, he was a gentleman who couldn’t leave a beautiful girl there to wait for a ride. The auto driver looked annoyed but the two thousand rupee note handed to the driver secretly was Shivinder’s relief.

When an auto didn’t pass that way and Anika suggested him to go, Shivinder suggested that she should go and he would wait there. Anika found it weird that in an hour not even a single auto passed that way. She had no other way but to suggest they should go back together.

Fortunately Anika didn’t notice as she sat in the auto, that  Shivinder punched the air happily behind her back.

______________________________

So, how was it ? Do tell me and don't forget to vote.

Love you all a lot 💕💕💕