12. Too late to apologise

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
____________________________
When we follow our mind blindly, not listening to our heart, we end up commiting mistakes, not every time, may be, but most of the times, we do. The thumping heartbeat in his body seemed to him, as a victory song his heart was singing, telling his mind that he ( his heart ) was right and you (Mind) were wrong. He cursed his mind to make him blind and deaf to an extent that he hated his existence.

Sheer hatred and anger rushed through his veins, as he got up on his feet and went towards Rohit's corpse and looked at him with the rage in his eyes that he wished, for Rohit to come alive so he could kill him again. And again. And again. He gestured Khanna, who had seen everything, to do something about Rohit's corpse. Not that he cared about Tej Singh Oberoi, but he didn't want his family reputation and his Dadu's hard earned respect in this society to be maligned by the black spot that Tej was.

Khanna, left from there with Rohit's corpse to do something of it in a way that no one would even remember that there was ever a man named Rohit. Once Khanna left from there, Shivaay's eyes travelled to every corner of this hall, then he walked towards the kitchen, and then up the stairs, into his room and then the towards the pool side.

The story Anika's innocent eyes always told, when, in every corner of the mansion he tortured her in any way, was always the reality he wished that story to be, and he had been a fool not to believe it and give it a name of attention seeking and drama.

He sat on the floor leaning to the couch, the way she used to do at nights and sleep in that position. It was solely, to feel her pain, and cry the way she used to do. He had always seen her cry, it was just that it seemed to be a drama. His words he used to taunt her on her 'acting' made him cry and his tears fell on the couch, the way her tears used to fall he supposed. But it couldn't even the score of pain he had given her, could it ?

He saw a piece of paper that was peeping at him from behind the cushion placed on the couch. He stretched out his hand to grab it, and a look at it made him cry harder. He had seen this picture before but that time, he didn't know the value of this paper and tore it apart, not knowing he was tearing apart her soul as well. When she was crying and trying to join the torn pieces of the paper back together, his heart had said that may be, it was very important to her. But he had denied to accept it back then. As always, his mind had suggested him to do.

He caressed the picture. Then he looked at the balcony, that had now become a part of the room because of the broken glass wall. He walked towards the mess of broken pieces of the glass and wished if someone could stab him with those sharp pieces. He did the honour himself as he took a pieces in his palm and closed his palm in a tight fist, resulting in a stream of red liquid to peep through the space between his fingers and fall onto the floor.

Khanna's voice brought him back from his pleasure of giving pain to himself. It was time for him to feel more of the pain as Khanna filled him in with the details of her real identity.

One of her neighbours, who knew Anika's family since forever, told that Anika's father had left her and her mother for another lady and never came back. Anika's mother, Meera couldn't take it and committed suicide, leaving a ten years old Anika with Savitri, her Dadi and Harsh and Neelam, her Chacha and Chachi.

For Harsh and Neelam Anika was never their own family, she was just a maid for them who could do the household chores. When she grew up, she was the one who had to earn. Atleast her Dadi was with her to support her and love her, but when her Dadi met with an accident and since then she was in coma. Anika was only 13 that time.

She had so many dreams about her career. Being a topper, she was offered many scholarships. She started doing a part time job as a waitress at a cafe after her Dadi's accident But her Dadi's treatment being more important for her, she had to leave her education, and the part time job became a full time job.