45. Insecurities

Hlo darlings

TARGET : 350+ votes

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
____________________________

A monday morning is the most hated time in the world, be it by students, teachers, people in white collar jobs or even the office itself might hate monday. This day was not Monday but it was surely a bad day for Anika. It's been two weeks since Shivaay, Om and Rudra had shifted in her and Gauri's house and finally, after so much of efforts, begging and blackmailing Shivaay had finally managed to get Anika's consent to go to office.

How much he wanted to deny but he was happy to be living a carefree life where he was not a boss but a patient who needed to be taken care of. He loved eating tasteless food, he loved to have his bandage changed by Anika everyday. Note- only by Anika and no one else.

Yesterday, they had finally visited the doctor as Shivaay was adamant on joining his office so Anika wanted to make sure he was fine enough to stay in office for atleast half a day and not exhaust himself, and his stitches had to be removed too.

Shivaay's thoughts were still roaming around the happenings of yesterday in the hospital. Nothing happened that could be termed as extraordinary but for him it was like he had achieved something big. It was like he had seen a trailer of his future life when he would have wooed his lady's love and attached his name with hers.

How beautiful it sounded when she was addressed as his wife, and he as her husband. It was a complete surprise for him when the doctor, ever so casually asked Anika about her 'husband's' health and she told him like she was talking about revolution of Earth around the Sun.

"I had told you, Mrs. Oberoi. There's nothing to be afraid and your dear husband would be alright. But he still needs to be taken care of. As you asked me about his work then he can resume his work but not too much stress and physical activity."

The doctor had said to Anika and left the ward. His confusion had turned to mischief as he realised that Anika chose to let people mistake them to be husband and wife. Anika had tried her best to avoid his mischievous kanji eyes but that wasn't as easy as it sounds.

"So, Mrs. Oberoi didn't tell me she was so worried about me that everyone had to assure her so much ?"

Shivaay smiled as he couldn't forget her pink cheeks after hearing his not so innocent question.

"I.. I just.. I was too busy to notice anything."

Seriously ! That was his Anika's reply when he was not letting her go and bring his medicines that the doctor had prescribed after telling them to discontinue taking the previous ones.

"Oh my poor baby ! Let's go and correct them now. It's not good to lie about such a pious relation." Shivaay said and started moving towards the doctor's cabin holding Anika's hand in his.

"Yes. That's a good idea. Let's go.

Anika's reaction was complete opposite to what he had thought. Although she was playing along, but it had made him disappointed for a moment.

"Come in." Shivaay said when he heard a knock on the door of his cabin.

"No. Forget it actually. Poor guy ! He must be busy taking care of his patients. Let him do it. How does it matter, anyway ?"