53. Not what it seems

Hlo darlings

Target for next update : 350+ votes

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
___________________________

No one knows what might turn up infront of them when they would turn the next corner of their life. What you see is a lie.  What you can't even imagine is the bitter truth and that truth leaves you bereft of words and actions, leaves you numb and sweating.

Tej couldn't believe what he was seeing through his widely opened eyes. The deep sleep, that he felt would come to him after he had succeeded in getting hold of the power he always wanted, had flown out of his eyes, leaving those red and filled with terror.

The air-conditioned room suddenly started suffocating him, leaving his face drenched in sweat beads, his hands clammy and his whole body shivering and sweating simultaneously.

His voice had deserted him when he wanted to shout for help at the top of his lungs. He extended his hand to get hold of his phone but his hand was shivering too badly to hold the device, let aside using it.

He crawled backwards on his bed seeing him stepping forward, towards his bed, the mysterious smoke filling the room, making everything else invisible but his shadow. In a swift motion he launched himself near him and tried to suffocate him by pressing a cushion against his mouth.

“Start counting your days, Tej Singh Oberoi. Start. Counting. Your. Days.”

These words were being told to him since last one month, by the same man, on different places. But today his own mansion wasn’t safe for him.

And all of a sudden the force being exerted on his face was gone. As he opened his eyes, coughing and gasping for breathe, he found the smoky mist gone and he was gone too.

Tej looked around himself, searching for him, but it seemed like no one had entered this room other than himself, ever. He held the duvet close to himself, wrapping it around himself as if that piece of cloth around him would save him.

After a few minutes, when he had calmed down a bit and his heartbeat was normal, he ran out of his room into the hall, shouting for help.

The security guards gathered there, to know what this man wanted in the middle of the night. It had barely been two months since he had taken over this mansion and business and their life had been terrible due to his childish orders.

A wise person who has always lacked something would cherish once he gets it. But people like Tej Singh Oberoi would want to flaunt it. In the last two months this man had made unnecessary tantrums about having fifty bodyguards around him just to roam around the lawn, have his food checked before it was served to him, etcetera etcetera.

And now he was demanding of them to bring this man who was troubling him since a month, everyday without fail. How were they to bring this unknown and unseen man without knowing his whereabouts ? Let alone whereabouts, how were they to know if this mad man was even saying the truth or not ?

“Please, Sir, we can’t do anything until and unless we know who you’re talking about. We’ve never seen him, nor we could find any clue about his presence near you whenever you said he was there. So how are we to find him ? Or we don’t even know if you’re saying the truth or not.”

Ranbeer, the new security head after Khanna, said to Tej. The last few words sent his rage to peak and he cringed crazily, shouted amd started pulling his hair in frustration.

How to make others believe him that the man was trying to kill him. He was making his life hell. Every day he sees messages written to him with blood, on the mirror of his room and restroom, letters thrusted in his coats’ pockets, on the windshield of his cars, bones in his dinner, skeletons instead of chandeliers.