54. Punishment for Loving

Hlo darlings

Forgot me?

If yes, then not your fault. I had disappeared because the writer's block wasn't leaving me.

The only way to cope up with it, I thought, was to finish this story as soon as possible. So three or so chapters more.

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕💕
________________________________

Life has its own means and ways to make one realise of its power. It has the power to make one happy or sorrowful.

Shivaay's ignorance once again made her realise that her life was a punishment for her since she could remember.

Her parents, punished her by leaving her, her Chacha-Chachi made her life a living hell, her Dadi left her. She got punished for mistakes she never committed. Now, her love had become a punishment for her.

Shivaay's entry was the only thing in her life that made her feel that atleast now her fate was getting better, that life was taking her tears seriously and compensating her for her sorrows.

But it was even more sorrowful to realise now that it all had been only for a few days. Nothing could last forever, and happiness in her life was no exception.

It was her mistake that she decided to go to a monster, literally begging him to give Shivaay's everything back to him. Now when she had realised her mistake that reality dawned upon her stupid brain. Even if Tej would've listened to her 'requests', Shivaay would not have accepted this charity. He loved his self respect, his pride more than the business. Sure he wanted to save his grandfather's business but he wouldn't have accepted everything without fighting back.

And this punishment was deserving, she felt. She deserved to be ignored, she thought as she curled up on the cold floor, with her tears forming a puddle there.

********

Entering the living room of the cottage, Shivaay found his mother pacing to and fro and his grandmother praying, counting the beads of her rosary.

Janvi stepped forward to talk to him as soon as her eyes fell on him, her face having the same expression of strictness she used to show during his childhood.

When Shivaay got angry on Anika, he not only stopped talking to Anika, more or less he ignored all his family members. If he was punishing her, he was isolating himself too.

"How long is it going to be?"

His mother shot the question at him without beating about the bush. So not her!

He was glad of the changes that came in his mother. There was no trace of the same cowardice he disliked in her. She wasn't the same woman who would shut her mouth at her so called husband's atrocities anymore. This woman was the brave Janvi Singhal.

It was a few days later to their property being in Tej's name that she decided to stick to the name of her parents. She said she didn't want to bear the name Oberoi because her so called husband was the connecting thread between her and that name. He had felt proud of her that day. She had changed, for good.

"I- I'm not punishing her, you know that."

He replied. It was true. He couldn't punish her. He was just too angry to talk to her.

"As if you don't know! You know you're punishing her, knowingly or unknowingly. It is a punishment for her when you are ignoring her all the time."