50. Dream Come True

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
____________________________

There are days that make you wish life was a dream, because then you would be able to wake up and feel relaxed that it’s not actually happening, it was all in the mind. Yesterday was one of such days for Anika.

It seemed like the present day was going to be the same. The same gloomy morning with dark grey, overcast sky, chilly, fast wind and the same sorrow blinding Anika to everything else but Shivaay’s absence.

It seemed like she wasn’t going to see Shivaay today too. Even after what happened yesterday and the day before yesterday, she was hoping against hope that there might be something wrong with the news and there might be any feelings in Shivaay’s heart for her. But Shivaay’s disappearance made it all too painful and hopeless.

She was glad of a day’s sick leave she had been given by Mrs. Leena because she was not in the mood to do anything, meet anyone or talk to anyone.

Gauri looked at Anika’s face to find her sleeping but she knew better that she was not sleeping. First of all, Anika was not the one to sleep till ten in the morning and second, no one would sleep with the eyelids shut so tightly. Her eyes were not relaxed, she was as stiff as a stick.

Gauri didn’t have the heart to break the pleasant facade if it was giving her best friend an escape from there unpleasantness of her day. So she let herself out of the room and barge in the other room, only to bang Om’s head with the door.

Om rubbed his forehead with his palm whereas Gauri looked at him and then at the room with disgust. This was not her house. This was a garbage bin with almost every kind of junk sprawled on the floor, on the chairs and table. The bed covers were on the floor and so were the pillows and cushions.

Om guessed what she might be thinking but he couldn’t do anything about it. Sharing a room with Rudra was like making a dustbin, your aboard. He looked at a sleeping Rudy, sprawled like a bear on the bed.

“Tumhara muh pehle hi bhut ganda hai, aur ganda mat banao.”

Om chuckled at the way Gauri gritted her small teeth hearing his remark and it was a splendid sight, to see her seething. Annoying her gives him a different kind of sensation and it was a treat in a boring day. He could proudly admit it was the second best thing to do, the best being painting.

“King Kong ke vanshaj mujhe badsoorat bolenge.”

Gauri was no less in making ripples in the patience he had in him.

“I was mad to call you mad, you are a borderline personality.”

“Tum bhi koyi Einstein nahi ho. Halan ki baalon se bilkul vaise lagte ho.”

It was his turn to grind his own teeth. The satisfaction of seeing him agitated was well worth the lie. His soft, silky shiny hair were any girl’s dream and she hated to admit but those hair suited him but wild horses wouldn’t get her to say this out aloud.

“Anyway, I didn’t come here to talk to you. I want to know where your brother is ? I don’t know what he did the day before yesterday that Anika was so sad, and yesterday—forget that. I just want to know where he is so that I can talk to him.”

Om, who had his mouth open to argue with her, shut it close as he heard her concern behind her angry voice. Indeed, something wrong had happened in last two days and it had affected Shivaay and Anika in a bad way. Shivaay had left the house early yesterday and today he left even earlier, even before he had woken up.

“I understand your concern in trying to get to know what had happened between them that they are behaving so weird. But we can’t do anything until we find out. Anika won’t tell us, and Shivaay isn’t here and khanna, he is as loyal to Shivaay as hanumaan ji to Ram ji so he wont tell us anything. The best thing to do is to wait until we get hold of Shivaay.”