49. Love is a nightmare

Hlo darlings

Target for next update : 350+ votes

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
____________________________

An unexpected storm is thousand times more tolerable than the one you knew about. That storm sets your heart at a faster pace, faster than you can handle. You know that the storm is dangerous and that it would lead to an unmanageable chaos. You want to stop it, delay it, and get it done with sooner but you can do none of it but await it approach you.

Shivaay Singh Oberoi was that storm and Anika was like a passenger who had no shelter and awaiting the storm by looking at the dark grey sky, under the shelter of a tree. That tree happened to be Kalyani Singh Oberoi who was on the point of leaving after thanking her for nth time for removing the veil of her so called broken trust from her eyes.

Shivaay had followed his Dadi till the car where the driver was waiting and Anika took the opportunity to rush back to her room where she had locked Gauri and Rudra.

“How could you just go, locking me up with this angry bird, Anika didi ? I was scared to death. She kept babbling with an angry expression on her face. I was...”

Rudra’s babbling was mercilessly interrupted by Gauri’s angry glare. She too wanted to vent her frustration at Anika for locking her up with a cry baby but the look of panic on her friend’s face was all it took for her to stay quiet.

Gauri held Rudra by his wrist and dragged him to the door and pushed him out of the room. But before she could get back to Anika to ask what the matter was, Shivaay came back and pushed Rudra and Gauri put of his way before dragging Anika out of the room.

Ignoring Gauri’s shouts and Rudra’s baby like complaint about shoving him out of the way like a used can, Shivaay dragged Anika towards his car.

Anika would’ve been scared stiff at the mere mention of getting out of the security of her house in this heavy stormy night with the prospect of a heavy rain but she cared less about that seeing Shivaay’s face bearing a bland expression. What that bland expression meant or what it was masking was beyond her imagination.

When the car stopped infront of the office she was not surprised but merely relieved that atleast they were not stuck in the middle of the city due to rain which was by now pouring like cats and dogs.

She was being dragged effortlessly despite the gentle hold on her wrist but the gentle hold was just in contrast to the look on Shivaay’s face. He looked hard like a rock, his eyes an icy blue mixed with grey that made him look all the more distant from the Sweet Singh Oberoi she so often encountered.

The penthouse looked inviting after seeing the mess the city had become in this heavy rain. But the mess that she had created was going to bear the remaining, unpleasant half of the fruit of her deed.

“How did you go to Oberoi Mansion ?”

Straight to the point ! Anika thought as she stared at him like a scapegoat looking at the butcher, he won’t slaughter her she knew that but what about the trust she had broken ? How was he going to react to that ?

“Difficult answer ? I’ll frame the question in other words. Did you inform Om or Gauri or Rudra before you left ?”

This was difficult than the first one. What do they say ? Out of the fire into the frying pan !

“Leave that. Did Khanna know where you were ?”

There ! He was making it difficult for her. This one she had to answer. His tone held the indication that either way her dear Khanna bhaiya was going to pay for what she did.