25. I admit it

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕
____________________________

It was the first time since childhood that he smiled, a genuine smile that had its roots in his heart, showed on his lips and reached his eyes. Ever since he started understanding the situations of his family, the tensed atmosphere of his house and his so called father's deeds, he matured before it was needed. He was an infant, a child and then suddenly he was an adult. He didn't have a childhood worth remembering.

He had no childhood to enjoy the love of his parents. He had no reason to laugh or to smile. He did laugh when Rudra used to fight with Priyanka and Priyanka used to complain about the same to him. He did laugh when Om used to roam around the mansion, with paint strokes on his face or hair. But he never had this contentment that he had now in this very moment. That laugh was for others. For him there was always pain, struggles and burdens. It was only this moment of realisation that made him laugh, he laughed for himself.

Shivaay, lying on his stomach, legs swinging in the air, and his chin resting on his hands that were propped upon the pillow, was staring at his laptop but his thoughts were occupied by his love. Yes ! He is in love. Perhaps he was, ever since he had seen her for the first time. But he didn't know it or he just avoided to admit it.

Today, he did. He was in love. He wouldn't have realised it if he had not seen her in that condition. Her bleeding wrists and feet had given him shivers, it was then that he realised how much it hurted him to see her hurt. Even a small sigh of despair from her mouth was intolerable for him. It was when he got the idea of staying near her 24×7 that he realised how excited he was, just the way a child would be upon seeing a real Santa Claus.

Extreme of anything isn't good for a person. He couldn't sleep when he was in pain, when he wasn't able to find the solution to his problems. And now, even when he knew the solution and was going to implement it tomorrow, he was not able to sleep. This excitement was urging him to do it now whatever he was going to do tomorrow. The rational part of his mind was telling him to wait. Whereas the newly found lover boy in him was telling him to go for it. At last, the lover boy in him won and he dialled Khanna's number and ordered him, trying to sound serious and hide the excitement in his voice.

Khanna tried to convince his boss that it was midnight so they should wait until tomorrow, but when SSO had decided, not even the God himself could change it. Only Khanna knew how he had controlled his smile, his laugh and his already wide eyes from getting wider. This half an hour journey was the longest journey of their lives, for different reasons ofcourse. Khanna had to stop himself from laughing out loud and Shivaay's excitement was not ready to lessen. He was feeling nervous, excited, crazy, happy, all at the same time.

Shivaay asked Khanna to stop the car at a safe distance from the street that led to Gauri and Anika's house. At this hour of the night it was unlikely to be spotted, but sill it was good to be careful. His boss was anyways not going to be recognised, Khanna told himself and laughed. Not even Shivaay Singh Oberoi himself could recognise himself in this appearance.

"Stop laughing or you're going to stay in the canteen near Mrs. Leena for next two months." Shivaay said as he walked into the dark street with his belongings. He smirked as Khanna followed him. Khanna was behind him but he knew exactly how he was sulking. Shivaay himself knew very well that he could never fire this man, so the threat should be something he could do. What could be worse than being with Mrs. Leena ?

The house, when they entered, was small and shabby. This room as compared to his own mansion, was like a tiny drop of water infront of an ocean. Shivaay scanned the small drawing room full of outdated furniture, the small kitchen that lacked the comfort of his own luxurious kitchen and that tidiness. His room here was, as if it has been closed since years now and was going to be the same way. But it wasn't bad. It couldn't be bad when the first thing he could do in the morning was to overlook the window of his room and see her in the balcony of her room.

"Are you sure, sir ? This house will do ? The house next to this one is better than this." Khanna suggested and his suggestion was ignored as if it wasn't heard at all. The next house, Shivaay thought, couldn't be better than this one because it wasn't infront of her house.

Khanna studied his boss' face and sighed in satisfaction and relief. He was wondering how he was still alive, with his boss giving him new shocks every other day. The Shivaay Singh Oberoi he knew, was a man who wouldn't prefer such a place to be even a dumpyard. And here, this person was going to live here. It wasn't his fault if he thought that someone perhaps, had kidnapped the real SSO.

"Give some rest to your thoughts and go from here. And don't you dare show up on my doorstep unless I call you. I don't want Anika to see you with me." Shivaay warned Khanna and marched towards the door, which was a sign for Khanna to leave and not to try to argue.

Lying in his bed later in the night, he wandered how would he befriend her and win her trust. He was scared, too. He wanted to keep her safe and win her trust, and at the same time, he was deceiving her. But he had no shame to admit that he could do anything for her welfare, even if that meant deceiving her. It was almost dawn when he slept.

Gauri looked at Anika with concern and pleaded to her silently. She couldn't afford to leave Anika alone. Last time when Anika forced her to go, Anika's life took such an ugly turn. And now when Anika was asking her to do the same thing, she was feeling as if she was pushing her friend in a grave.

"Gauri, let bygones be bygones. I faced the worst when that beast was in my life, nothing could make my life worst than it already is. I'll be alright." Anika tried to assure Gauri. She felt like a betrayer for not telling her friend that she was working in that beast's office. But this wasn't the right time for Gauri to know it. She has such a big opportunity to make herself a successful career as a fashion designer, in no way she could let her ruin it.

"But.." if Gauri wasn't convinced yet, Anika didn't care about it and thrusted the clothes in the suitcase. She smiled as she looked at Gauri's face, who was probably thinking for another reason to not go to Chandigarh for her internship at Fashionista, one of the most famous fashion houses in India.

"Gauri, I want to see you in those fashion magazines as one of the best designers in the world. I want you to design a beautiful dress for me. So please, for me.." Anika turned towards the emotional cards to blackmail Gauri.

"Why ? Are you getting married that I'll..." Gauri was probably angry and trying to be sarcastic but she stopped herself as soon as she realised what she said. If Anika's heart ached at the thought of marriage, she didn't let it show on her face. She smiled as if she hadn't heard Gauri at all, and Gauri thought it was best not to argue and do as Anika says, but she'll be careful not to lose contact with Anika for longer periods of time.

When the cab departed the narrow street, Anika happily watched it go. But she was probably not as happy as her neighbour who admitted that he had a tiny weeny hand in all of this internship thing.

"Happy journey, Saali Saheba."

_____________________________

So, how was it ? Do tell me and don't forget to vote.

Love you all a lot 💕💕💕