23. Protecting what's Mine

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💕💕💕

___________________________

However hideous one chooses to be, he has to come out and face the problems in order to survive, to overcome his fears. You have to fight for yourself and for your loved ones. You have to fight to protect your possessions, to protect something you can’t live without, to protect what gives the sense of relief and happiness to you.

Even the beast had to step out of his castle, into the dark forest to save his beauty from the pack of wolves. No matter how hideous he was, he couldn’t let those cowardly wolves to take his beauty away from him. He had to fight even if he would get wounded.

It was not the time to cry or to shout at his security staff for not being able to protect Anika, to shout at them for not keeping a track on her moves, for not getting to know when she left the office. It was time to find her, ensure her safety. He looked at the empty road stretched infront of him and disappearing into the darkness. Where and how was he going to find her, he couldn’t think.

He tried everything that could give him a clue of her whereabouts, but nothing proved to be useful. He tracked her phone’s last location and that was this road but other than this he didn’t know anything. It was earlier this morning when he planned to put a GPS tracker in her bangle that he noticed, she always wears. But he cursed himself for having thought of it too late. Had he done it sooner, by now he would’ve found Anika.

He was feeling extremely useless, for not finding Tej because that was the main cause of his problem. Neither that animal had been roaming freely, nor Anika would be in trouble. It was all his fault. But crying over the split milk was of no use.

He was thinking of anything else that could help him reach her when he heard the siren of a police car and looked behind to see the car stop just behind his own car. The police inspector, seeing him standing there, was confused. He knew him well and that’s why it was even more weird. Shivaay Singh Oberoi wasn’t the man who would waste his time standing in the middle of an isolated road at 11pm at night. No matter how scared he was to face this man, it was his duty to go and ask him. He asked his men to look into the matter they were here for and he himself walked towards the devilish businessman.

“Any problem, Mr. Oberoi ? May be I could help ?” The inspector asked from Shivaay and Shivaay didn’t answer, leaving him embarassed. Not that Shivaay didn’t want to answer, but he was still thinking about the solution to his problem. He had already called the commissioner and most of the police force was searching for Anika, with a check post at the distance of every three kilometers.

“Sir, as mentioned by those students, that girl was kidnapped from here. This area is surrounded by forest, may be they took her there ? We’ll have to start searching for her as soon as we can.” The head constable suggested to the inspector who was still looking at Shivaay’s bland face. Little did he know the turmoil this man was bearing in his heart, that he was hiding behind this bland face.

Shivaay looked at the constable and with two long strides he stood infront of him. “Which girl are you talking about ?” Shivaay asked the constable who was scared for a moment but answered nonetheless, “A.. a few tourist students saw a few goons taking a girl in a jeep. All they showed us was a video that had been recorded in the camera they had fixed for their own work. Before they could do something the goons had already sped away. They just got her bag that fell on the road when she was struggling to get away.”

“Show me the video.” Shivaay ordered as he looked at the sling bag with mirror work on it. The bag was so her, so beautiful and colourful, only he himself was a blackspot in her life. He felt like hugging the colourful bag and cry hard. The  inspector could do nothing except following his order. The girl in the video was Anika, he knew. His heart came into his mouth when he saw them hitting her and tying her hands with the rope, so mercilessly. The worst thing was, the number of the jeep wasn’t clear.