14

Lorenzo Russo

I didn't expect for Kendall's words to hurt me like they did. I had never experienced this feeling before, until her. Last night was a horrible idea and I'm never wrong but last night I was certainly wrong for taking her. They made her feel uncomfortable, unwelcomed but then again when you're walking into the Mafia it's hard to feel welcome.

"Are you going to go see her today?" Frankie asks; breaking me out of my thoughts.

"I don't know, do I give her space. I don't know how this shit works." I complain and he chuckles at me.

"You're fucking whipped."

"Thanks for telling me." I roll my eyes and grab a bottle of water and start sipping.

"Any news with Micha?" Frankie asks and I shake my head. "He's been quiet lately." I say, when Micha and his gang don't cause any trouble it means something's coming. Something big, all we can do now is be prepared.

Kendall Ranley

I was pleasantly surprised when Lorenzo didn't barge into my work today, I guess now he's finally catching a hint. I was staying late at the hospital; around 3am when Amber came rushing towards me.

"You gotta see this." She looks me dead in the eye and my eyebrows furrows. Somethings definitely wrong.

"What's going on?" I ask but she doesn't answer and grabs my hand and yanks me out the door. Amber leads me into the ER and towards a man on a gurney.

"Is that?"

"Yes, it's Lorenzo." Amber confirms and my stomach drops. Blood floods the floor as he suffers from two gunshots to the abdomen.

"He's in V-fib." Is what I think I hear someone say but I'm already bolted out to the waiting room. Just as I suspected, Frankie and Marco are sitting down together.

"Kendall." Frankie calls out and I rush over. "Is he okay?"

"I uh I, I don't know. I'm not assigned to his case. What the hell happened to him?" I ask and Frankie's shoulders slump down.

"I think it would be a lot more beneficial if you were saving his fucking life rather then waste time talking to us." Marco snaps and stands to his feet. His face is inches from mine and his jaw is clenched together. I nod and run back to the ER, well that was a bust.

When I get back Lorenzo's gurney is gone and I assume they went into an OR and that's the next place I run to. I can't help but wonder what will happen if Lorenzo dies. I'm sure hell would raise.

I see Michael scrubbing into a surgery and I barge in, "Are you operating on Lorenzo, I mean Mr.Russo?" I ask and Michael mumbles a 'yes' while staring at his hands.

"Can I, may I scrub in?" I ask wearily, he turns and raises an eyebrow at me.

"You sure, Ranley? Seems you have a connection to Mr.Russo." He says and I take a deep breathe.

"Well you're mistaken, so may I scrub in?" I lie and ask again. He turns the water off and shakes his hands.

"No." He denies and my eyebrows furrow. "Get some coffee Ranley, take a breath. You need it."

I sigh and walk out towards the cafeteria, this is going to be one stressful night.