30

Lorenzo Russo

I barged through the door of Lenox Hill Hospital in a desperate search for Kendall. I don't bother asking for any directions and make my way to the locker room in hopes she'll be there.

"Kendall." I call out into the swarmed room and it falls silent. She turns towards me and raises her eyebrows, "We need to go."

I turn back to the hallway and hear a locker shut behind me along with footsteps. She looks at me with guilt on her face and I pull her into a hug. "You should've called me right away."

"I know." She says and wraps her arms around my back. "He got in touch with you?"

"He did, let's talk back at my place." I dismiss and grab her hand and we walk towards the parking lot.

"What exactly did he say to you, were you alone with him?" I ask once we start driving back to my place.

"Yeah he uh, he wanted to take me out" She tells me and my hands grip hard on the steering wheel until my knuckles turn white. My jaw clenches and I turn my head towards her. "I obviously said no."

"What else happened?" I grumble and turn my attention back to the road.

"He said he wouldn't let you have me. That a girl like me shouldn't be with a guy like you, but a guy like him."

Micha isn't wrong, she shouldn't be with a man like me. I'm terrible for her but there's no way I'd let her go now.

Kendall Ranley

We pull up for Lorenzo's house and I sigh as he didn't say anything after I told him what happened. He strides his way through the front doors and heads straight towards the bar.

"Hey hey hey" I jog up to him and grab his arm, "Talk. Not drink." He sighs at me but moves to sit on the sofa next to him.

"You've never explained to me what happened between you and Micha, the reason you guys are rivals. You mind telling me?" I ask wearily because I'm not sure if it's a touchy subject.

"The hatred started between the Russians and Italians decades ago, Micha just had a greater reason for a grudge." He explains and I nod my head for him to continue. "I killed his brother."

My fave twists in confusion, Micha's brother came into the hospital back in March. I was one of the doctors on his surgery and he was very much alive after the operation.

"Not Manny, there was another one; his name was Milton. Micha is a twin or was a twin. They were inseparable, when Milton was killed it was like Micha died too." He lets out and my eyebrows raise. "Micha went missing for a few years but came back eventually, he's too soft for a place like the Mafia."

"What if it was Frankie?" I ask and he cocks his eyebrow at me. "What if Frankie died, would you go MIA?"

He stays silent for awhile with an unreadable look on his face. "No, I wouldn't run. If I did that I wouldn't have the pleasure of wiping the Russians off, completely." He says with venom laced in his voice.

"God you're dramatic." A voice interrupts us and I turn around and see a goofy smiling Frankie.

"Never mind, I take it back." Lorenzo says, "I'll probably kill him before Micha does." He jokes and Frankie and I laugh.

"You know you love me brother." Frankie says and tries to hug Lorenzo. "C'mon give big 'ol Frankie a hug."

"Listen asshole, you touch me and I'll break your wrist." Lorenzo warns and Frankie and I giggle to each other. Frankie lays a finger on Lorenzo and he's up in an instant, chasing Frankie around the house.

"KENDALL HELP ME!" I hear Frankie scream and I smile at the situation at hand. If you would've told me at the beginning of this year that I'd be where I am now, I would've told you to go to a psychiatrist. After everything, I'm glad my life ended up this way.

//
Seeing you guys hate on Micha and Marco is hilarious. Hate to break it to you but they both will become crucial parts in this story.

Vote and comment :)