25

Kendall Ranley

"Ranley!" Michael calls out to me as I stride down the hospital halls. My night with Lorenzo was cut short when I passed out on his sofa. I woke up in what I assume was his bed and rushed out due to me almost being late for work.

"Can I help you with anything?" I ask sincerely and he stares at me with crossed arms.

"Someone did some pretty bad damage on that neck of yours." He says staring directly at my neck and my heart stops. I rummage throw my pockets for my phone and pull out the camera. Talk about a lot of hickeys.

"Uh....you see I-"

"Frankly, it's none of my business but I would assume those are coming from Mr.Russo." He says suspiciously. Why would he care, what's it to him?

"W-why would you think it was from him?" I ask suspiciously, he was making an assumption even though it was true.

"Dr.Ranley we have cameras, everywhere" He says before patting my back and walking away. Cameras, on-call room, Lorenzo. He saw us the night Lorenzo came to the hospital and interrupted my sleep. My boss saw me have sex with Lorenzo Russo. Traumatizing.

I'll definitely be embarrassed about that my entire life but for now I'll try to shut my mind off. Once I finished rounds I went down to the ER to see if any casualties had occurred. I was surprised to see Marco standing in the ER doorway rather than a gurney.

His cold eyes make connect with me in an insistent and I freeze. What the hell could he want? After I ran Sophie out I was utterly confused on why he said I could 'stay'. Did I need to stand up to that thing to get his approval.

He suddenly start walking towards me and yanks my arm towards one of our trauma rooms. My eyebrows furrow as he closes the door and his hands runs across his face.

"Do you need something?" I ask to break the awkward silence.

"I don't like you." He says shortly and I shrug.

"Yeah the message was received awhile ago, but I'm not your biggest fan either." I fire back but he gives me a warning glare.

"He's never done this before, there's never been a girl. Well there's been plenty on girls but they never stick, ever." He explains and I stay silent to let him continue. "You were supposed to be a one night stand. He'd fuck you and forget you." Does he have to be so literal?

"Can you get to the point, I'm a surgeon I have work to do." I say to speed up the process.

"Right, surgeon. Surgeons are soft, always have been always will be." He speaks and I immediately take offensive. Soft my ass.

"Criminals are scum, always have been always will be." I fire back and his jaw immediately clenches, along with his fist. "You won't touch me." I state and his mouth twitches, he knows I'm right.

"I am not soft, you don't know the first thing about who I truly am. You think just because you're in a gang you have this intense power over me." I say and walk towards him, he's like a skyscraper compared to me but that won't let me down.

"You work for a Mafia boss, but I'm fucking that same Mafia boss. You have no power, I do." I whisper the last sentence and his nostrils flare.

"I don't need soft people involved with us." He says with gritted teeth and I put on a sly smile.

"Good thing I'm not that skank Sophie." I tell him and give him one last look before exiting the room. Soft my ass.

//
Thoughts on Marco?