11

Kendall

"Alright I'll see you tomorrow, drive safe!" Amber calls out across the hospital parking lot. It's a quarter to ten and I'm exhausted and I can practically hear my bed calling my name. The car ride was excruciating and long but when I finally got home I didn't even bother changing and I fell right into bed.

Just before I officially drifted off there was a loud bang that came from downstairs. Startling me awake I rush down the stairs and yank my front door open.

"What!" I yell in an annoyed tone, I need my freaking sleep.

"Now that was a bit harsh don't you think?" Lorenzo.

"Can I help you?" I say with the same annoyed tone. He chuckles at me and invites himself in. With a sigh, I shut and lock the door and turn back to him with my arms crossed.

"No robe this time?" He mocks and I roll my eyes. "It's a shame you're wearing more clothing than before."

"Did you just come here to sexualize me or is there something you'd like to discuss." I snap and he just turns away and heads for the kitchen. He grabs a bottle of whiskey off the counter and drinks from the bottle. I cringe at him.

"We're going out." He states and my eyebrows furrow.

"We?" I question and he sets the bottle down and turns back to me.

"That's what I said." He replies with a hint of attitude.

"I'm not going out with you." I tell him and with a swift movement he walks towards me and holds a powerful gaze.

"You are going out with me. Stay here, I'll
be back." He tucks my hair behind my ear and walks out the door.

Confusion consumes me and I just stand there waiting for his return. When he finally comes back he holds a large box in his hands. He walks towards me and hands me it.

"Go get ready." He instructs and I raise an eyebrow at him. "Just do it Kendall."

Walking back into my room, I set the box on my bed and open it. There lays a stunning sliver silk dress with a pair of black heels. It's intrigued me on how fancy they were and with that I began to get ready. I loved a mystery.

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask Lorenzo as we step into his car.

"Leave it for a surprise." He smirks at me and speeds off to our destination.

The drive was about an hour long and was filled with comfortable silence. We arrived at a packed venue that had several privileged people walking in.

"Where are we?" I turn back to Lorenzo with a confused look on my face.

"Welcome to the Mafia baby."