29

Kendall Ranley

"Kendall." He says into the silent hallway and my lips part. Visions of Lorenzo in the hospital bed come back to me, the beating he took, the bullets that hit him. Micha did that to him and now he's standing right in front of me.

"Do you need s-something?" I ask, attempting to hide my confusion. He walks towards me and sides his hands up to my shoulders.

"My God you're gorgeous." He speaks in his slight Russian accent. He tilts his head and looks down at me, I'm not too sure if I should be afraid him or make him afraid of me. If that's even possible.

"Thank you but I-" He purses his lip and lifts my chin up with his thumb. "I'd appreciate if you kept your hands to yourself." I find my confidence and courage then step away from him.

"I'd like to take you out, tonight." He says and I have to stop myself from laughing.

"Listen, I'm sure you're great" I lie and he cocks his eyebrow at me. "I've got something going on so I won't be going out with you, at all."

"You think I'm going to let a man like Lorenzo take a woman like you away from me?" He smirks and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Well you've got another thing coming sweetheart."

"A woman like me, doesn't allow men like you to treat me like a piece of property. Don't try to win me over, it won't work. Grow up." I sound like a bit of a hypocrite because Lorenzo put a claim on me right away but I fell for him. Micha making a claim on me is ridiculous.

I'm tired of men thinking they own me, thinking I'm powerless. It's time I own them and show them who's always had the power.

Kendall fuckin' Ranley.

Micha Sanzo

"You really did pick a good one."
I say into the phone speaker.

"Who is this?"
Lorenzo grumbles back at me .

"It's tragic isn't it? You've finally found someone and now...I'll rip her right from under your feet"

"Micha you son of a bitch, I swea-"

I chuckle darkly before hanging up the phone, pay backs a bitch.

//
How shocking, another short chapter.

Anyways.....

Thank you all so very much for 50k freaking reads, this is crazy. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart <3