40

Lorenzo Russo

"She should be up soon." The doctor informs us and Amber quietly thanks him. We were told she went through the surgery perfectly which was the greatest relief of my life. She'd be okay.

"Would anyone like to explain what the hell happened? Seems like you know the guy who caused this." Amber breaks the long silence and Frankie and I silently ask each other if we should tell her.

"I'm surprised Kendall hasn't told you anything about it." Frankie says and sits down in a chair at the end of the room.

"That's because the only thing she cares about is sex." A voice sounds and we all turn our heads towards the hospital bed that lays an awake Kendall.

"Holy fuck." Amber breathes out in relief and engulfs her in a hug.

"Be careful!" I quickly speak out and Amber pulls away and Kendall doesn't look too pleased to see me.

"What's he doing here?" She asks in a cold tone and Frankie scratch's the back of his neck.

"About that, we have some explain to do." Frankie replies and Kendall moves to sit up straighter. "Spit it out." She instructs.

"The bra was mine." Amber quickly blurts out and Kendall's eye go wide.

"You fucked my boyfriend!?" She exclaims in a loud yell that I'm sure the whole hospital heard. "What the hell Amber?!"

"No! No, no that came out wrong. I screwed Frankie in Lorenzo's room. Frankie and I were hammered and stumbled into Lorenzo's room and just rolled with it. I didn't know it was Lorenzo's house and my bra was left in the room, not Skyler's or whatever her fucking name is." Amber explains to Kendall and she looks down at her fiddled hands in her lap.

"Is that true?" She asks me softly and I nod my head as she sighs. "I'm sorry. Sorry I never let you explain. I owed you that."

"It's okay baby, you don't need to apologize." I say and cautiously move closer to her. She reaches her arms out to me and wraps them around me. It felt good to hold her again.

"I'm so glad your okay." I whisper, my voice cracking as I let out the words. I kiss her head and pull her back in again.

"It was Micha wasn't it. He's the one who shot me?" She asks in a defeated tone and I slowly nod my head.

"We're going to get him, you know that don't you?" I want her trust again. It feels like we're resolved but a barrier still feels like it's standing between us.

"It's just, I never did anything wrong." Her voice cracks and her eyes fill with moisture. She's innocent, she doesn't deserve any of this.

"You didn't, I did." I own up and Frankie puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. "You'd be safe without me, I'm putting you in danger.

"No." She says in a cold tone. "Don't pull that card on me. You didn't shoot me, you saved me. You aren't putting me in danger, he is."

"We'll give you some privacy." Amber speaks up and her and Frankie walk out of the room, leaving Kendall and I alone for the first time in awhile.

"You're moving in with me." I say when the door shuts and she raises her eyebrows at me. "Well at least until you're healed, and we find Micha."

"Lorenzo..." She trials off but I quickly silence her.

"I don't want you to go through this again Ken, and if we leave you alone you definitely will." It's harsh but it's the truth. Micha won't touch her when she's with me.

"Fine." She says stubbornly, "But once everything's clear I'm going back home."

"That's fine." No it's not fine, you aren't going anywhere but I'll let you think that.

"Thank you." She says with sincerity and I send her a soft smile. " No, thank you."