22

Kendall Ranley

I was woken up from a rather incredible sleep when there was heavy banging on the door. My eyes shot open and I was naked in an empty bed within the walls of the on-call room.

I scrambled out of bed and rushed to put my scrubs on. I collected my phone and pinned my hair up and opened the door.

"Finally, why was the door locked?" An unknown doctor asks me in an annoyed tone.

"Uh, sorry about that." I awkwardly say and rush away. I checked my phone and the time read 6:52am. I sighed in relief and walked back to the locker room. My moments with Lorenzo last night played through my head and I blushed at the thought. I never thought I could ever crave someone that much.

"Morning Ranley." I'm broken out of my thoughts from Michael's monotone voice. His hands are behind his back and he roams the locker room like Severus Snape. I give him a sharp nod and walk to my lockers.

"Listen up!" Michael raises his voice and captures everyone's attention. "We've got a busy day today, I hope you've all gotten a good nights sleep." He says and looks directly at me. Does he know something? "There's been a plane crash, we don't know much but that it's big, very big. There's been no deaths and I'd like to keep it that way. So get it together and get down to the ER." He says sternly and walks back out of the room.

I throw my stethoscope around my neck and walk down to the ER. My breathing hitches with the elevator opens and I see all the gore in front of me. All the ER bed were filled and the place was flooded with doctors and medical supplies.

"Where do you need me?" I ask Michael and he points towards a little girl laying down on a bed. I walk over and examine a pretty bad cut on her forehead and her right leg in a cast.

"Hi! I'm Dr.Ranley, mind if I take a look at your head there?" I pull on my latex gloves and move her head to the side. "What's your name?"

"My names B-Beth, Beth Flynn." She stutters out and my heart aches at the terrified child. "Do you know if my parents are okay?"

"I'm not sure honey but right now I'm going to have to look after that cut on your head, alright?" She nods at me with a pouted lip and I grab a suture kit and begin my work.

"Alright sit tight, I'll be right back." I pat her knee after I'm finished and walk over to the front desk, in search of her parents. Oliver and Melissa Flynn. Both are undergoing major surgery, crap.

I walk back over to the blonde haired little girl and sit on the side of the bed. "You parents are in surgery, so why don't we go to the waiting room and wait until they get out." I smile at her and she reaches for my hand. I bring a wheelchair over for her and wheel her into the waiting room.

"Are my parents going to die?" She asks with a concerned face. I look at her with sympathetic eyes, she looked only about three. She was too young to experience this kind of pressure.

"The doctor's here at the hospital are doing their very best work." I assure her, "We'll have to playing the waiting game now, okay?."

She rubs her blue eyes and lets out a yawn. She moves her head down onto my lap and struggles to lift her legs up. "Can you wake me up for mommy and daddy?" She asks and I smile at her with a nod.

It's going to be a long day.

//
what are your thoughts on fan fictions?