24

Kendall Ranley

The day resulted in 19 deaths which was devastating for the hospital. Lorenzo texted me and insisted on bringing me back to his place. His house was enormous; as expected.

"Is uh, is Marco here?" I ask wearily, I'm not looking for insults today.

"Yeah, is that a problem?" He cocks an eyebrow at me and closes the front door behind him.

"I think he'll have a problem more so than me." I say and he chuckles.

"You'll learn pretty quickly that he's got a problem with just about everyone." Lorenzo tries to reassure me but I'm not exactly convinced.

We walk into the kitchen and Lorenzo pulls out two glasses. "What's your drink of choice?"

"Vodka." I state and he moves to the bar. I wasn't exactly planning on drinking but after the day I've had, I'll gladly take the offer.

"What's she doing here." I hear someone say from behind me and turn around to be faced with Marco.

"I don't want trouble, I'll go if I'm unwanted here." I say nervously and stand to my feet.

"Sit down." Lorenzo says darkly and I gulp. "My house, my rules." He glares at Marco and he leaves with a huff.

"I told you this would be a problem." I whisper yell at Lorenzo and he just chuckles at me and continues to poor the rest of our drinks.

"How was work, I heard about a plane crash." He hands me a glasses filled with clear liquid.

"Sad. I sat with a little girl all day, both of her parents didn't make it. God only knows how she'll end up." I sigh and he doesn't have much of a reaction.

I turn away from him and can finally take in the interior inside his house. It's mostly black and grey; which makes sense for a character like him.

My attention turns back to Lorenzo when I see a flash appear beside me. "Did you just take my picture?" I ask.

He sets down a camera, "I don't know Kendall, did I?"

Suddenly, the front door barges open, "LORENZO!" I hear an annoying voice that is hardly recognizable. Lorenzo and I stay silent until the pair of heels click their way up to us

Sophie.

"Ew, why is that nurse here?" She asks with a disgusted face.

"I'm actually a surg-" I try to defend my work but Lorenzo cuts me off.

"What do you want Sophie?" He asks with gritted teeth. Sophie sort of left my mind after our first encounter. I wonder if Lorenzo went back to her during those two months.

"I missed you, it's been far too long." Sophie says with a pout and runs her perfectly manicured hands up Lorenzo biceps. I found jealously running through me but I tried my best to stay content. It didn't work.

"Can you take a hint?" I ask; breaking the tension between Sophie and Lorenzo. "It's a genuine question."

"I'm sorry." Sophie giggles and puts her hand up to her chest. "Don't interrupt us, or raise your voice at me. What are you even here for, did you start hooking up with Frankie or something?"

Lorenzo then grabs her arms and yanks her off of him, shoving her away. "Get the fuck out, you aren't wanted here." Lorenzo says darkly but she doesn't seem affected.

"You've had too much to drink Enzo, you aren't thing straight. Let me take care of you, kick that dog out while you're at it." Sophie gestures my way, that small insult made my blood fucking boil.

Something switched and I had her pinned up against the wall by her shoulders. "Take the fucking hint and get back to the streets, dog."

She looks at me like if she would cry at my statement. She runs off and wobbles in her heels in the process. Once she's out the door I grab my glass of vodka and toss the rest back.

"I changed my mind," I hear someone say from the staircase. "She can stay."

Marco.

//
vote and comment! <3