Chapter 50

I waited for Xavier and Aurora in the living room.  "What's taking them so long? Put on something nice and go."

My mother giggled.  "Some people want to make sure they look just so."

I pursed my lips.  "I do look just so... Just so professional."

Toni shook his head.  "You have 20 minutes to take a 5 minute walk."  I side-eyed him.  "Here they are."

I held my hand up as they opened their mouths.  "You look good, let's go."  Xavier smirked.  "Say anything about that and you won't make this meeting."

He chuckled, but remained silent.  We walked into the pack house and were taken to a conference room.  I sat between the two and sighed.  "Okay, so basically decorate and perform right?"

Aurora pulled out her tablet.  "Looks like it, but no theme."

Xavier looked it over.  "So... a party for... you can't be serious."

I looked it over and rolled my eyes.  "They really are into this whole getting hitched thing."

Aurora shrugged.  "Well it's simple enough, I suppose.  Keep it upbeat and lively."

I narrowed my eyes.  "I like a masquerade..."

Xavier scoffed.  "And why?"

I smiled.  "Well you know me, I like to do things big."

Aurora rolled her eyes.  "As long as it's in budget."

I pursed my lips.  "So practical, but just think of it.  The light curtains that light up with the music providing the only light, masks, people not knowing who they bite..."

My brother facepalmed.  "And if they get someone that they hate."

I shrugged.  "I hope you know the scent of someone you hate, but... not my problem.  They get a partner possibly a mate, everyone wins."

Ray shook her head.  "You just want the chaos it could cause."

I smiled mischievously.  "Possibly."

Zay poked my side.  "What if Ezekiel goes and marks someone he thinks is you?"

I laughed.  "Good... he'll leave me alone."

He sat back.  "But you marked him so..."

She gasped.  "What?"

I pursed my lips.  "Total accident."

She blinked, surprised.  "But yo-"

The door opened and we stood, greeting the Valencia family.  The wife looked between us.  "Where are your parents?"

We exchanged a glance and Xavier smiled.  "Why do they need to be here?"

She tilted her head.  "To help and guide you."

I withheld my offense as we sat.  "I assure you we are more than proficient in what we do."

Mr. Valencia nodded curtly.  "Well we know we didn't give you much..."

Aurora scrolled to the top of their proposal.  "We are aware, we just wanted to know exactly what you envisioned."

They paused and exchanged a glance as Monty spoke.  "Just something to help those who haven't find a partner for the Season, hopefully their mate."

I crossed my legs.  "And your budget for the event?"

He met my gaze, a gleam in his eyes.  "What do you propose?"