Chapter 19

Uncle Toni looked up as we came out and he softly smiled when he looked at me. "Success." I nodded. "Good, I like this place."

I sighed and started to sign again as there were others around us. "I'm happy to hear that. Now about the vandalism."

A glint formed in his eye and he signed back. "Looking into it, but I have something we can do in the mean time."

I smirked. "Shopping?"

He chuckled. "You're favorite kind."

"Well if it isn't the Little Alpha..." We turned and a man I didn't recognize approached. I looked at my uncle curiously and he shrugged. "Ah... you don't speak, correct?"

I tilted my head. "And you are?"

I didn't like the predatory look in his eyes. "You can speak freely, I don't bite."

I looked at my twin. "She is asking who you are."

He frowned slightly. "Monty... the brother of Henry." I thought for a moment and looked at were Mr. Valencia stood and back at him. "One and the same."

I nodded. "It was a pleasure to meet you."

I turned to leave as my brother spoke. "It was a pleasure to meet you."

"It is customary to exchange a name for a name."

I smirked and didn't turn back. "For you, Little Alpha will do."

"Little Alpha..."

He came to walk beside me as I went to the head family. "Thank you, for everything."

Mr. Valencia looked behind us before looking at me. "You're welcome, please feel free to stop by anytime."

I smiled politely and we left their pack house. As we pulled off my mom looked back at me. "You did very well."

I frowned. "Father signed a contract with such a condition?"

She matched my expression. "I didn't know at the time, but it seems like it."

I nodded. "We wouldn't have been here at the time anyway. Would you mind a piano in the house?"

She smiled. "I would love it."

***

I was still kinda mad as we filed out and hung back as she went to talk to her uncle. He seemed pleased and I caught something about shopping. Wonder what she likes... I frowned as Monty approached her a lecherous gleam in his eye. He was clearly displeased that she wasn't talking, but she per usual didn't care as her brother was her voice.

It brought me a deep satisfaction as he looked furious they turned away from him. I heard her brother say. "Little Alpha." As they left, did Monty really think she would give him a name? Stupid.

She quickly kinda spoke to my parents and then they were gone again leaving a pit in my stomach. I sighed and started for my room only to be stopped by my uncle. "So, what does this siren sound like?"

I slowly turned to him. "I'm sure if she wanted you to know she would have spoke."

He nodded. "True, but by all accounts her voice is lovely."

My face luckily didn't betray me as I held his gaze. "It would seem so."

He got closer. "Tell me her name."

I already knew his was trying to use what little influence he had as Beta. "If she wanted you to know that, she would have told you."

He frowned. "You have grown."