Chapter 31

I had fun tormenting her in her room, reading what she composed.  Then I found it, her name was scrawled very neatly beneath each piece.  It made my heart flutter.  Violet...  My wolf was pleased, I see why she didn't want me to touch her score sheets.  She tried to run, but I caught her and noticed she looked distressed.

I caught I was making her uncomfortable and my heart broke.  I never wanted her to feel that way, not after she was just starting to warm up to me.  I bit my lip, I couldn't leave her alone, but we clearly couldn't stay in her room.  She wasn't scared which was good, but this was just too much.  Definitely not like the other girls...

I appreciated it and we went down stairs, this meant no man had been in her room aside from her brother.  She sat as far as she could away from me reading, glancing out of the window every so often, looking for her brother.  It made me sad, even if she wasn't afraid, she didn't trust me.  I sighed.  One day at a time...

***

I sat on the opposite end of the couch after choosing a book from one of the shelves.

I could feel him watching me, but ignored it, hoping Xavier would hurry up.  "Violet is a very pretty name..."  I whipped my head up, his face was serious which meant he already knew he was right.  "It fits... your hair and eyes at times."

I looked back down at my book and he sighed.  "I won't tell anyone, but it is nice to know."  I flipped the page, trying to get my mind back on the content.  I finished the book and went to choose another.  "Violet..."

I paused, something about the way he said my name made my heart flutter and my wolf snickered in response.  "Why won't you talk to me?"

I pursed my lips and signed.  "I don't want to."

I turned back to the bookcase and felt warmth behind me as my hand was covered.  "It'd be nice if you would..."

I bit my lip and pulled the book I was getting down, getting hot.  He didn't step back when I turned, so I attempted to move past.  He stopped me with a hand on my stomach and pushed me back into the shelf.  A small gasp escaped my lips and his chest rumbled.  "Don't do that."

I closed my eyes and turned my head down.  "Please move."

He stepped closer.  "Tell me with your voice."  I felt as I started to tremble and shook my head.  My eyes popped open when I felt his breath on my neck.  "You know... if I did it, no one would come near you."

I growled and pushed him back, it did little good as he grabbed my wrists and pinned them to my sides.  "I won't... just saying."  The gold in his eyes swirled against black as he searched mine.  "You feel it, I can see that much."  I took a slow breath, trying to slow my heart and waiting for him to let go.

He smirked.  "Your wolf does too."  I flared my nostrils as she growled viciously.  He chuckled as he dropped his head into my shoulder and inhaled.  I couldn't breathe.  "Your scent is intoxicating..."

I struggled against his hold and felt his eyes clench shut.  "Don't..."  I fought harder and froze when I felt his teeth graze me.  My wolf roared and we pushed him off with all of our strength.  He stumbled back and began to stalk after me as I went for the door.

He tackled me and I threw him off, scrambling off the floor, growling when I saw him looming in front of it.  He grabbed his head and shook it.  "Sorry... I didn't mean..."

I slowly backed away from him as he took a deep breath and looked at me.  "Stay away from me."  When he stepped forward, I ran up the stairs and locked my door before I flung myself on the bed.  My mind was everywhere, I was so confused and my wolf was not making matters any better.