Chapter 21

Unlike my last Season, nothing about the girls caught my attention this time.  I mean nothing, not their scents, looks, voices.  The way they tried to touch me made me want to vomit.  Well at least it won't be so hard to resist this time around.  My mind wandered to the roof.

Xena... since I didn't know her real name, if I thought she was hard to stay away from before now it would be next to impossible.  Problem was she found it entertaining even though I was so close to...

I shook my head to clear my thoughts.  She is clearly underaged, but her scent... before it was sweet, much like the orchid that matched her hair, but now, there was a spiciness to it.  It was irresistible and not just to me.  As the day wore on I would hear others talking about it, but not quite sure where it was coming from.

Just like before, it was very light and untraceable once she left the area.  I found some solace in it as long as she wasn't in one place for too long, which would be her classes.  I wandered over to one, but apparently she was serious when she said she wouldn't be going.

I sighed in relief, it gave me a day at least to get her to see reason.  Yeah... that'll happen...

Once school was done I went directly outside and there she was standing at the gate as though she never missed a class.  Where the fuck did she go?  Caleb walked up clearly agitated and with only the smallest smirk playing on her lips, I knew she skipped class often.  Another question to file away until a later date.

I tensed as one of the kids from her class walked up to them and she simply looked up at him.  He said a few words, but was sent off with his tail between his legs.  Good girl... My wolf snickered like he knew an inside joke I didn't,  but I shrugged it off.  I was only going to follow them as was my usual, make sure that she got home okay, but then she was on Caleb's back and that I wouldn't stand for.

***

"Xena!  What the hell?!"  I leaned against the gate and watched Caleb come up furious.  "You missed all the afternoon classes."

I sighed.  "Sitting in class simply didn't suit me after lunch."

He crossed his arms.  "I'm not giving you any notes, dammit."

I smirked.  "Don't need them."

Xavier looked perplexed as he arrived.  "Something strange is going on."  I nodded and looked toward the school.  I was just becoming accustomed to the stronger sense of smell, but the change was obvious and unpleasant.  "How was class?"

"She skipped them all after lunch!"

Xavier frowned.  "You know better."

I pushed off the wall and shrugged.  "Why sit in class to be told what I already know?"  When I turned I was blocked by a large body and stepped back to look who it was.

I tilted my head not recognizing them and looked at my brother.  "Do you know him?"

He shook his head and pulled me further back behind him.  "Can we help you?"

The boy's eyes never left me and it clicked.  "You're really pretty..."

I nodded and touched my brother's arm so he would look at me.  "Let's go home."  He nodded and we tried to pass, but he stepped in our way.  Again, my head tilted and I met his gaze.  "Not interested, go stick your nose somewhere else."

He blinked confused.  "I'll see you around."  I smirked, liking this Alpha thing more and more.  I jumped on Caleb's back and he automatically tucked his arms under my legs.

I scrunched my nose, behind his head as we passed a group of girls, it was nauseating.  Xavier's head turned in interest though.  "That's... different..."