Chapter 46

To say I was excited was an understatement.  Rather than listening to lectures and paying attention, I was figuring out who would the best in each part of our little competition.  I smiled softly at the competitive gleam in my mate's eyes when we made our bet.

"E?..."

I blinked and looked at William.  "Yeah?"

He narrowed his eyes.  "You just had that stupid grin on your face again.  Sure your not..."

I frowned at him.  "No and it's none of your buiness."  It annoyed me that he would ask, though he made sure to keep his distance.  I still saw the way he and pretty much every guy looked at her.  Her mark didn't even help matters on my end because even the girls were constantly badgering me.

He sat back.  "So, she's really your mate?"

I didn't like where this was going.  "Yes, Will, she is."  He nodded, doubting, but said nothing more.

I rolled my eyes and felt for Violet.  She was bored, she's always bored in school.  I knew she was smart, but for as much as she was out of class I did wonder how her grades were.  I was thankful when the bell rang, Will didn't even bother to ask where I was going.

I was slightly surprised when I made it to the roof to see Violet texting.  She didn't bother to turn as her hand moved.  "You've been strangely happy today."

I sat beside her and she automatically scooted away, making me smirk.  "What kind of food do you like?"

She looked at me before the corners of her lips turned up.  "I'm not telling."

I inwardly groaned.  "Okay... favorite kind of music."  She set her phone aside and I saw she was texting a Ray.  She didn't bother to hide it, but it bothered me.

She snapped her fingers.  "You are strange..."

I pouted.  "Who is Ray?"

She raised her eyebrows.  "A friend."

I narrowed my eyes.  "You don't have friends."

She giggled.  "I don't have friends here." I had to think about that for a minute.  She was never in one place for too long, so I guess it would be hard to have friends.  I felt bad for being bothered and for what she had to go through.  She was watching my eyes again.  "Why are you sad?"

I blinked.  "It's just you moved a lot so you di-"

She pursed her lips.  "Keep in mind I don't actually like people."

I dropped my head.  "So you just tolerate me."

She giggled again, I loved the sound.  "You're my friend, I can actually stand to be around you."

I smiled softly and reached for her hair only to be slapped away.  I chuckled at her pout.  "Sorry."  She rolled her eyes and picked her phone back up.

After school I saw her waiting by the gate as usual, she smoothed her eyebrows and felt annoyed as someone shouted at her. I frowned when some red head decided to hug her.  It bothered me that she didn't push her away and Xavier made little effort to help.  The last straw was when she rubbed her cheek against hers, Violet though annoyed did nothing to stop her so I pulled her away myself.

Her spirit was as fiery as her hair as she reminded me how young my mate is.  It made little difference as she left us only to be hugged by another redhead this time male.  I could tell she was threatening him before, but she hugged him back briefly.  Now, I was pissed, but she didn't care as she addressed to whole group.

All eyes fell on her and her hands.  They all smirked in unison and then the fiery one said, Alpha, and my heart dropped.

***