Chapter 45

Violet was sitting across from me not really talking about anything in particular, in fact, she was talking more than I'd seen ever.  Strange, but she even let me hold her hand.  I don't know where we were or how we got there, I was solely focused on her.

"Ezekiel... I love you."

My heart soared, she couldn't know how happy those words made me or what I wanted to do because she said them.  She didn't say it with dramatics or any thing like that.  She said it the way she said everything, like it was a simple fact.

Her face didn't betray her either.  Most girls would blush or be nervous, maybe even smile. No, Violet just said it and rolled on to whatever else she was talking about.  I couldn't contain my joy.  I opened my mouth to reply, but then a hand on my shoulder ruined everything.

***

I sighed as I woke up and checked the time, listening for movement.  I got up and knocked on the guest room door, but there was no answer.  Whatever Ezekiel was dreaming about was good because he was overjoyed. I knocked again and got the same response.

I grimaced and pushed open the door, he was peacefully sleeping.  I approached and knelt to his level, watching his face.  He was a hell of a lot less annoying sleep.  "Uh... you need to wake up."  He didn't move.  "Ezekiel..."

I rolled my eyes.  "Easy fucking target."  I put a hand on his shoulder and shrieked as I was thrown unto the bed, hands pinned beside my head.

I was in shock as he loomed over me with crimson eyes.  He blinked.  "Shit... I didn't..."

I averted my gaze.  "Just get off of me."

He shook away sleep and looked down at me, gaze now green.  "Why are you in here?"

I pursed my lips, heart racing as I clocked the fact he had no shirt.  "You need to go home and get ready for school."

He looked at the time.  "Oh..."

"So... move."

He looked at how we were positioned.  "Sorry..."  He still didn't move and I glared at him as I felt lust rise in him.  I tried to throw him off and his breath hitched.  "Don't..."

I felt as a thrill went through him and froze, suddenly afraid.  "I don't want this..."

He closed his eyes as though in pain.  "Me either... not like this."  He released my hands and sat back.  A desire filled me and I quickly got out of the bed.  "Next time... throw something at me or something.  Don't..."

I nodded as I left the room.  "Hopefully, there won't be a next time."

I smiled when I got down the stairs.  "Have we come home?"  My mother and brother looked up smiling.  "Good.  We should thank them somehow."

My mother nodded.  "Maybe invite them to dinner?"

Xavier smirked.  "That will be so boring."

I giggled.  "Dinner and a gift should suffice.  So, thankfully you are off mother, we are to train with their pack after school.'

They both beamed and my brother narrowed his eyes.  "What's at stake?"

I slid into the barstool.  "We lose Ezekiel gets to take me on a date.  They lose he sings on Friday."

My mother raised her eyebrows.  "You have no intentions on losing."

"Hell no."

She giggled as Uncle Toni entered.  "This isn't a fair competition."

I sighed as I turned to him.  "I know, we will face five a piece."

He nodded.  "They'll do that one at a time."  I shrugged.  "Plus, a handicap."

I crossed my arms, intrigued.  "I'm listening."

"Either a blindfold or hands tied."

I smiled as Xavier chuckled.  "I'll take the hands."

My mom giggled.  "Blindfold."

Toni sighed.  "Same."

I thought for a moment.  "I'll do both."

Xavier laughed.  "Confident."

I shook my head.  "From what I've seen it won't matter, but if at any point we feel the need lose it.  I can't be handicapped against him, he is proficient."

Toni pat my shoulder.   "Sounds like a plan.  What did you find last night?"

I turned in my chair and picked at the eggs.  "A wolf, who looks strikingly familiar, the place was too."

My mom frowned.  "Familiar how?"

I sighed.  "I think he knew me just wanted my name to confirm."  I observed her reaction.  "He has silver hair and eyes like mine..."

Her eyes widened.  "Impossible."

I shook my head.  "You know him... Viorel."

She gasped and lowered her gaze close to tears, fear and joy painted on her features.  "It can't be... he was..."

I sat back.  "He's your mate isn't he?"

She looked at me in surprise.  "Ho-"

I smiled softly.  "Xavier looks like you, while I look like him.  Pair that with your reaction, I'd wager he is our father as well."

Tears started to fall.  "Yes..."

Xavier looked between us.  "Then... Xander?"

She sighed.  "He... saved us from the attack, I stayed with him for that reason alone... I thought... everyone was..."

I furrowed my brow.  "None of the BlueCrest pack heard his call.  I found that strange..."

She nodded.  "Yes.  Where was he?"

I thought for a moment.  "There was a cave with engravings and carvings, an abandoned place far from here, I had to shift to get there."

She sat slowly.  "To the East?"  I nodded.  "That was where our territory was."

I smirked.  "It seemed like it wasn't in another packs territory."

She looked up, hope in her eyes.  "Do you think..."

I shrugged.  "Possibly, but the matter of Alpha would be complicated.  He almost followed my order,  but I was signing.  I felt the urge to follow his, so..."

She lowered her gaze.  "He was the Alpha... before everything happened."

I crossed my arms.  "He'll call again... we'll figure it out then."

She smiled.  "That would be nice."

She looked years younger and in love, it made me truly happy for her.  "So, while we wait, we should start getting ready to leave."

Xavier side eyed me.  "He'll come looking for you, even you know that."

I pursed my lips.  "He knows we won't stay, he'll have to get over that."

He looked surprised.  "How?"

I rolled my eyes.  "To be so stupid, he's not.  Regardless, we have a pack to think about, getting back together and rebuilding takes priority."

Toni put a hand on my shoulder.  "Spoken like a true Alpha.  Now, we need to prepare for the afternoon and you two have school."

I groaned.  "Do I have to?"

My mom laughed.  "Yes, you have to."

I dropped my head.  "Fine..."