Chapter 16

I stayed with her all the way to the lake and kicked myself because I didn't have a jacket for her to sit on at least.  She didn't care as she kicked off her shoes and rolled up the pants that were too big on her.  She's not like other girls...

She put her feet in the water and started to kick her feet like a child.  I sat beside her a million questions running through my head.  I tried to start with the simplest one, the one that has been eating at me since the day I laid eyes on her.  "What's your name?"

She smirked and didn't reply.  I frowned.  "So... talking or not?"  She shook her head.  Great...  I sighed.  "But you're staying?"  She nodded and my heart soared.

I relaxed and watched her for a bit as her head started to bob as though she heard music.  "How long have you played the piano?"  She paused at that and held up five fingers.

"5 years?"  Shake.  "Since you were 5." Nod.  May be getting the hang of this.

"That Caleb guy... is he your boyfriend?"  She looked at me shocked then a smile slowly formed on her lips before she fell back laughing.  "That looks like a hard no."  She tried to stop, but apparently that was the funniest thing in the world at that moment.  She couldn't know how relieved I was and I was more than happy to hear her laugh about it.

She finally got it under control, so I kept going.  "Have you done anything to Brenda?"  She rolled her eyes.  "It's just she seems to be out destroy you and I don't know why."

She sighed and gestured to me.  "Me?"

She nodded and signed.  "She likes you alot."

I frowned.  "I'm sorry about that."  She shrugged and looked up at the sky, legs moving again.  I fell silent just enjoying the sight, she was breathtaking.  I could have stared all night, but per usual, we were interrupted.

***

I was paddling my feet in water when Xavier came for me.  "Are you done exploring?"

I smiled.  "There's so much here."

He pulled me up.  "Yeah. Took me forever to find you."  He frowned at Ezekiel.  "Someone could have brought you back."

I tilted my head.  "It's a maze..."

He raised his eyebrows.  "Fun fact... his family's maze."

My eyes widen and looked at him.  "Really?"

Ezekiel scratched his cheek.  "Yeah..."

I looked at my brother.  "One day our family will be this old."

He chuckled.  "We'll be long dead, but hopefully."  I giggled as he got lost and pulled him through the garden.  "How can you remember?"

"The flowers are different in each section."

My mom smiled when we emerged.  "Finally found her..."

"He got lost."

She smirked.  "Of course he did..."

He crossed his arms.  "But I found her though."

I pulled him to Mr. And Mrs. Valencia and sighed.  "Thank you, for everything."

They blinked and the man narrowed his eyes.  "Still not speaking?"

I shook my head and Xavier sighed.  "She said thank you for everything."

"And she still won't tell anyone her name."

I scowled at the voice.  "Careful, Ezekiel, this is no normal she-wolf."  I looked at his mother, curiously and she sighed.  "You'll learn..."